Thursday, September 2, 2021

Thursday This n That

Unexpectedly had yesterday off.  I took the opportunity to get some shopping done and then I made a vat of homemade spaghetti sauce - enough for 4 meals.  You see, a neighbor brought us another big bag of tomatoes.  So first I had to parboil and skin those.  I had so many, it just made sense to turn them into sauce.  They also brought us 5 more zucchinis from the plants I gave them.  Not sure how many zukes that is now, but man, my babies produced.  Well, my babies produced as long as someone else was raising them.  He said he's turning over the garden today, so that's the last of them, but I have bags and bags of zucchini in the freezer.  Yay.

Oddly enough, we did not have spaghetti for dinner.  We had hot dogs and french fries.  It was too hot to actually want to eat a big carb-loaded meal.  

Last night, my friend called.  I have today off, too.  I think I'll take care of those zucchinis and make another batch of bread.  Maybe I'll clean my bathroom, too.  Or I'll vegetate and rest up for tomorrow.

I have today off because their pre-sale home inspection got scheduled for today.  Fingers crossed we did enough to satisfy FHA and what we didn't do, but still plan on doing, will get them through to the sale.  We still have one wall of the garage to do and both decks to power wash and stain.  We'll get 'er done.

One of our fawns has visible antler bumps now.  Baby buck!  Yay!

Remember when nobody stuck their nose into anyone else's health business?  Pepperidge Farms remembers.  I think it started with cigarettes.  Maybe it started with eating.  What you do with your body is no one else's business.  You really are not your brother's keeper.  Yeah, yeah, health insurance ties us all together somehow, which is wrong.  

Speaking of which, did you get a health insurance refund?  I looked it up and it seems that insurance companies didn't spend as much as they were allowed to spend versus the amount of premiums they took in last year.  Why?  Because fewer people are seeing doctors for non-essential things now.  One of the things they listed was elective surgery.  I thought elective surgeries were never covered under insurance.  :shrug:  So, it seems like more people are treating medical care like I've treated it for years - don't go to a doctor unless you actually need a doctor/  Huzzah.

What a world.

Anyway, that's about it for me.  How are things with you?  

1 comment:

  1. Things are. It's Thursday. This week is almost over and I don't have much to show for it. Stormy's first ballgame is tonight. He's playing catcher. Yay!

    I gave blood last weekend, got my "test" results back. Cholesterol still in the good range. Blood pressure in the "a little high"/normal range. And they did free A1C tests. I haven't had one of those is like 40 years. Mine came in in the normal range. This is good considering both LG and Only have problems there. If I could shed some weight, I'm sure both the BP and A1C would be lower. Of course, getting the world back to some semblance of normal would totally help the BP.

    The most interesting thing I've "cooked" all week is street tacos. I made enough meat that we're having leftovers for an early dinner before heading to Stormy's game.

    It's hot. Makes me not want to do anything. At all.

    This whole waking up at 5 a.m. thing sucks. Whatever happened to the ability to roll over and say, "Just five more minutes, Mom!" Nope. Once I'm awake, I'm awake.

    What can I say? That's pretty much the story of my life currently so I'll end this now. Enjoy your down time! And maybe you'll get lucky and your friend won't actually have to complete the list of tasks.

    Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete