Sunday, September 5, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 36

If you read yesterday's post, you pretty much know what my week looked like.  I spent a lot of time over at a friend's house, helping her get ready to move.  Added up, it amounted to 23 hours.  Which isn't like a full work-week amount of time, but it's more time than I've spent on anything in one week in a long time.  (Well, except for the week before when I spent 29 hours over there.)  

Yesterday, we put the second coat on one deck, then Hubs worked on prepping the other deck for staining while I did more packing.  Since Friday was a long day, we'd intended to make it shorter yesterday.  It ended up longer.  It's good to something productive for people who deserve it.  And physical labor is good for the soul.  But by the time I got home, I couldn't brain good.  And the putting together words into sentences thing was hard.  And I'm up now because sleeping and aching weren't going well together.  This too shall pass.

I have today off.  It rained a lot of tonight so far and it's supposed to rain more.  We all need a day off anyway.  They're tired.  We're tired.  We'll coordinate over the phone and decide about tomorrow when tomorrow morning comes.

No writing.  No editing.  No marketing.  No reading.  By the time I get home, I'm toast.

I did make granola bars one day when I had the day off.  And a huge vat of spaghetti sauce another off day.  And I prepped five zucchinis for shredding.  (I need to shred those today and get them in the freezer.)

On my way out Friday, I discovered some numbnuts had hit and killed a guinea fowl.  Poor bugger.  It's not like they're fast and dart out in front of cars.  They're just too stupid to move out of the road, so you have to be patient.  I called Hubs and told him, so he could give it a proper burial.  The duo of Laurel and Hardy is no more.  Since they looked alike, I can't tell which one died.  I haven't seen the other one.  Since they don't like to be alone, he probably went to where the others are in an enclosure.  Maybe if they hadn't escaped, the one would still be alive.  =o\

The deer are still going fine.  Yay.  Some of the little bucks are starting to show their buttons.  And the fawns' spots are starting to disappear.  

It's Labor Day tomorrow.  Only a communist holiday would celebrate working by not working.  Since I work for myself, I usually work on holidays - even non-made-up, government ones  - so this probably won't be any different.  I just won't have to call the office for the pay-job.  They're off because why be in the office if there's no mail and most of the companies they do business with will be closed, too?  Derp.

Long ago, I worked in a business owned and primarily staffed by Jews.  They took off all the Jewish holidays and all the Gentile holidays, but they were open on the Jewish ones, so we merry few non-Jewish employees had to work.  Kind of unfair, but I got paid by the hour and no paid holidays, so I was happy to get the extra money.  If they'd been open on Christmas and Easter, I would've worked those, too.  You gotta do what you gotta do to make money if you want to live.  :shrug:

Not much else went on this week.  Sorry I'm pretty boring right now.  How are things in your world?



1 comment:

  1. Argh. Not evenough coffee. I managed to "sign out" and lose my comment. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Starting over.

    Sorry about the Guinia. People are stupid. Yay for the deer, though. You and Hubs are all kinds of awesome!

    It rained here last night too. The weather folks preditcing cooler temps based on the dew point (which determines humidity and we all know it's not the heat it's the humidity) so even though temps are in the 80s and 90s, dryer air (lower dew point) supposed to trick us into feeling cooler. We'll see.

    Baseball was ehhh. Won one, lost one, series ends today. We'll see. College football is back. OSU won but barely. OU also barely held on for the win, not good considering they're the #2 team going up an unranked. Ah well.

    Had great Mexican food and a long nap yesterday. Finished the book I was listening to. Did no writing. Maybe today. Doing laundry currently.

    Not much else in my world. Life is what it is, and seems to beat the alternative.

    ReplyDelete