Saturday, September 4, 2021

No Reading Wrap-Up Again

Sorry.  No reading wrap-up again this week because I have definitely not been reading.  Feel free to talk about what you're reading in comments.

Yesterday was a physical trial.  I started out the day by peeling and gutting zucchinis, because it had to be done.  Then I went over and helped pack until 11.  At 11, I went home, grabbed a bite to eat, loaded Hubs into the car and went back.  From noon to two, we painted.  From two to five we stained.  Well, he stained for a while and I did some more packing before heading out to help him stain.  

Unfortunately, their home inspection was Thursday, with one garage wall still unpainted and neither deck stained yet.  Hopefully, those things won't screw the pooch for the guy trying to buy their house.  Apparently FHA requires no untreated or raw wood exposed.  But hey, we can only do what we can do, time and weather permitting.  They explained stuff to the inspector and the dude seemed okay with promises to have the work completed before closing, so fingers crossed.  

As much as I'll miss my friend, I totally want this to happen for her.  And if I wasn't there helping her, and this stuff didn't get done, she'd still move.  So I help her.  And now that I've gotten to know her husband, I'm doing it for him, too.  They're good peoples.

I'll call her in a minute to see what the game plan is for today.  It rained a little last night and they're predicting more throughout the day, so painting and staining might be out.  There's still packing to do, but we've got almost 4 weeks to get all of that done.  Might be a day off.  Might not.  We'll see.  

Again, sorry there's no reading today.  I'm just not in a place where I want to read.  Not yet.

Have a great day out there in the world, wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. You and Hubs are good people. I know your friends truly appreciate the help. Here's hoping the rain holds off so the "physical" stuff can get finished. I'll drop my reading stats here without going into specific detail. I've read 138 books toward my 200-book GR challenge. I'll finish the last book in my marathon re-listen of Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels world series sometime today or tomorrow. Next book up is a new release, Breaking Badger (Honey Badger Chronicles Series, Book 4) by Shelly Laurenston. She is neither new to me nor underappreciated but her books--especially the ones about the honey badger shifters crack me up. Once it's done, not sure what I'll listen to.

    Don't wear yourself out and watch the heat index. Lots of fluids, but you know that. LOL Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete