Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 20

Oy, what a week.  

I only got about 175 words out this past week, and I'll most likely delete that.  I did get an idea for where to go, but it's not gelling in my head yet.  

I got some reading done.  I finished The Virginian.  It was WOW.  And then I read a suspense that was wow.  And yesterday, I finished a mystery that wasn't wow, but it was pretty good.

In baking news, I made cheesecake this week, but it wasn't wow at all.  I did something wrong. I mean, it still tastes good, but it's not right.  Oh well.  I have enough to make another one, and do it right this time, in time for my birthday.

Yeah, this is annibirthary week.  17/51 years.  I still can't believe I'm 51 years old.  Who the hell ordered that?  :shrug:

Along activity lines, I did stuff 5 out of 7 days.  Only 2 days were walking.  Other than that, it's been a lot of yardwork - weeding stuff and mowing.  I'm paying for it, believe me.  But the stone paths are now weed-free and ditched for better drainage.  I also mowed where Hubs can't - because poison ivy - and that looks pretty nice now.  It was shin to knee high tall stuff in there.  No bad work for an old chick, eh?  Now that the tall stuff is down, the next mow will be easier.  Weight: NA (cuz I didn't bother weighing myself)

The deer are getting fat-pregnant.  Soon, we'll have babies!

In garden news, everything is growing right along.  I did buy two tomato plants to get tomatoes quicker than my seedlings will give me them.  I need to take pics and post to my gardening blog.

I think that's it for me this week.  I can't think of anything else pertinent anyway.  What have you been up to lately?


2 comments:

  1. Happy Annibirthary Week! You'll figure out the cheesecake and hey, if it tastes good? Whatever. Yay for books and reading. Your idea will gel eventually--when you least expect it, I'm sure. LOL Yay deer and yardwork and all good things!

    I finished the first draft of the book. It's "sitting" today. I have some "mapwork" to do for another project that I've been putting off. So that's on tap. It's creative in a different way. Tomorrow starts the edits and I hope to be done by the end of the week and then...??? Interested?

    No adventures in cooking for me. Decent baseball, pretty good softball. Family time. Reading/listening? Yeah, gave up on one book and series and I'm trying another book that I've always enjoyed. So far, so good. We didn't win MegaMillions. Then again, neither did anyone else. Supposed to rain today. We need some.

    And that pretty much sums up my week/weekend. Time for another cuppa joe. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy annibirthary!

    I hope you'll soon have photos of fawns!

    It was a week. I got a bit done, but my motivation got up and left home. Oh, Mojo! I need you to at least drop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete