Saturday, May 29, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 5/29/21

Hey All.  It was a different kind of reading week.  I was reading along and then I got a book to beta read, so I had to stop in the middle of the book I was reading to take care of that.  As such, I only read one book that I could talk about.  I'll add the beta book after it goes live on Amazon.

I only got three new ebooks this week - two SF and one UF.  I still have three other unread ebooks on my Kindle.  No new hardcopies again this week.

Books Read:

27) Kiss Me Deadly by Jessie Thomas (5/28/21) - UF*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked this up for free off the Book Doggy newsletter.
Review: "I really enjoyed this book and it was a fast read. (It took me longer because I had to stop in the middle for an important thing.) I liked all the characters. The premise was interesting. And it turned out well."

DNFs:

5/22/21 - free - paranormal romance.  Meh.  The hero was fine in his first appearance in the heroine's POV.  Then he came off like a teenage boy in his own POV.  Not interested.  

Currently reading... I haven't started anything new yet.  

What did you read last week?  Anything you're looking forward to this week?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the interruption. 😉

    I've finished 77 of my 200 GR challenge. I'm currently 4 behind schedule. Last week was a week. Tech difficulties had me frustrated and then there were edits and release prep stuffs so it seemed slow for me too. Excet there were 7 total. Short books helped. 4 were novellas, and 2 of the novels were shorter too. Anyway, they're all from Thea Harrison's Elder Races series. Not sure if they are paranormal romance or urban fantasy. Either way, been a long time since I did the series so it keeps the brain occupied when doing KP, other chores, and errands. Even with all that listening under my belt, I'm STILL behind schedule. 🤣

    77 - Hunter's Season #4.7: 4 stars
    76 - Devil's Gate #4.6: 4 stars
    75 - Natural Evil #4.5: 3 stars
    74 - True Colors #3.5: 4 stars
    73 - Lord's Fall #5: 4 stars
    72 - Oracle's Moon #4: 5 stars (this one has a Djinn hero!)
    71 - Serpent's Kiss #3: 3 stars (finished this one last Saturday so not sure it actually counts for the week. Anyway...)

    Currently listening to KINKED (Elder Races #6). Harpy heroine, panther wyr/fae/elf hero. (Musta been quite a party back in the day. 🤣 ) I'm slogging through. Like the hero. Heroine hits me like nails on a blackboard. Probably a good thing since I have edits! And softball!

    Okay, more coffee and then work. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete