Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 37

Hi there.  Another week has rolled by.  Here's what happened...

Wish Hits the Fan is now live and available for your enjoyment.  Wish in One Hand is still free thru tomorrow.  In Deep Wish and Up Wish Creek are still 99c/.99p thru Thursday.  The hope is that people who picked up WIOH for free will want to purchase the other books shortly thereafter.  Anyway, the books have been selling together over the weekend so far, which is good.  And the ads seem to be doing their jobs and paying for themselves.  One more ad will go out tomorrow and Tuesday.  WIOH actually hit #34 on the Amazon free Paranormal/Urban Fantasy list Friday - an obscenely hard to reach list, btw.  So, it's a win.

I haven't done much of anything else with regard to writing or writerly pursuits - just marketing.

Still waiting on my paperback proof for WHTF.  I paid extra to get it here Friday.  It shipped Thursday.  Not sure what the hell, but if I don't see it tomorrow, I'm contacting Createspace.  Seriously.  

I went fishing once last week.  Caught some panfish, but nothing worth writing about, hence no Saturday Fishing Report.  This coming week ain't looking any better.  Hot and sunny.  Bleh.

The reading has been going pretty good.  I actually read 5 books last week.  Three of those were by 'new to me' authors.  One had no stars on Amazon =o(.  Well, it has one review now.  It was pretty awesome, so if you're interested in YA paranormal, check out Bewitch Me by Amelia Blake.  Also, if you're into those kinds of books, Caught in Between by Allison L. Perry was amazing, too. 

Bow season started here on Friday.  Crossing fingers none of our deer get culled. 

Well, that's about all I have to say this morning.  I hope you all had an awesome week and will have a great week ahead of you.  :hugs: 

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for hitting *any* Amazon list! Too cool! I hope your sale leads to lots of new readers!

    Sending good wishes for your deer!

    I'm up to page 231 on 7C, about 2/3 of the outline finished. Maybe 3/4 of the novel, since I predict a couple of short chapters in there. But I'm still dreading the love scene. And it's only PG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb!

      Yay for 7C! You can do the love scene! Go you!

      Delete
  2. Dude! Awesome on hitting the list. It IS insanely hard to do. And It sounds like sales are good if your ads are paying for themselves. Here's hoping the deer population sticks close to home. Your home, that is. It's too bad hunters can't determine the weaker/older deer to cull but the dangers of overpopulation makes sense for hunting seasons. It's not like they have free range any more. :(

    I'm working. Which is good. And listening my way through Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompons/Alpha and Omega Urban Fantasy series. Same world, interconnected characters, concurrent time line but different series. I've read the A&O series before so catching up with Mercy's books. So far, pretty interesting. I'm 30-some books ahead on my GR reading challenge. LOL Going back to read some new-to-me KU books, given your challenge, once I'm through the current series.

    Back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silver! Well, yeah, the ads were only $28 total, so it's not like I'm rolling in the dough, but it's better than it's been in months, so I'm calling it a win.

      Yeah, I'm totally on board with legal hunting. I just hope my deer don't get culled ever. Some of them have names for petesakes. Not like pets, because lord knows I'd never try to pet any of them, but still...

      Yay for working! And yay for reading! I was almost done with my reading challenge, so I upped the goal. Have fun reading new-to-you people!

      Delete