Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tell Me Something Good

Yesterday was a wash.  I woke up late - which is to say around 6 - and frittered away the first two hours on nothing.  Then I remembered that I'd better pay bills or they wouldn't make it to where they needed to be on time.  After paying bills, I did my Monday morning phone call with Mom, which involved some businessy things wherein not a whole lot got accomplished but we did manage to figure out what questions to ask so we can accomplish something soon.  (Part of that business venture thing I mentioned a while back.)  Then I went to Wallyworld and KFC - because sometimes you just need some fried chicken, ya know. 

The rest of the day?  Got me.  I read stuff.  I watched stuff on TV.  Nothing really got accomplished.

This morning I was awakened at quarter after 3 by the sound of Kira puking.  Fun fun.  I still have to clean the carpet.  For now, there are towels over the offending spots so we don't accidentally step on anything.  Yeah, I know, ew, but I am not scrubbing the carpet this early on too little caffeine.  She did this Sunday morning while I was fishing, too.  Both bedroom carpets.  Hubs cleaned up and laid towels.  I scrubbed the carpet when I got home because ew.  This morning, she only got the office carpet, but in several places.  Why on the carpet when like half the house is hard floor, I'll never know.

Not sure what Kira's problem is - and no, she never gets any fried chicken.  I learned that one the hard way years ago.  I'll monitor her today and see if she needs to visit the vet tomorrow.  I dread taking her to the vet.  She's agoraphobic and she gets motion sick.  More ew on top of kitty angst.  Driving down the road listening to mournful meows punctuated by barfing.  yay

I really should invest in that carpet cleaner I saw on sale.  If it's still on sale. 

As you can see, I'm not really Perky Polly this morning.  But that's life.  I probably should go back to bed.  I just don't want to lay back down only to be awakened by the sickening wet cough again. 

Tell me something good.  Maybe if I go back to bed, I can awaken to your good things and start this week over. 

3 comments:

  1. It's raining. And the temp is coming down. Adidas has taken to sleeping in the shower. LG has to fight with her every morning then she's all pissy because her "bed" is wet. Before she moved to the shower, she was sleeping in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. We figured out last night that she's 17 yo. I figure she can sleep wherever she wants.

    I want to go back to bed too. Insomnia was really bad last night. I have many words to write so no hope of that.

    It's Tuesday. That's $10 Papa Murphy Pizza Day! Dinner is served...or will be.

    Okay, gotta get off the internet. It's 11:00 and I haven't opened the WIP yet. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your kitty. Hope it's nothing serious.
    I can't let vomit sit. Doesn't matter what time it is. The lights come on, the scrub brush comes out and then the vacuum. Greg can stay in bed or help, but noise will ensue.

    Right now I'm in my second session with the Geek Squad and on my 3rd geek, but this one sounds confident he can help me. Hope so. These computer problems suck the life out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience, cats vomit easily. Some more than others. I had one who threw up so often, I'd clean up after him in my sleep, and stumble right back to bed.

    The good: I got my love scene written! Hooray! It's a little thin, but I didn't lose any more teeth. ;-)

    ReplyDelete