Saturday, September 2, 2017

Saturday Fishing Report - 9/2/17

Welcome once again to the Saturday Fishing Report. 

It was a super sunny week last week, which for me means less than optimal fishing.  I've heard from various local fishing reports that the fish are still pretty deep - well, too deep for bank fishing anyway.  Oh, well.  Part of the lure of fishing - pardon the pun - is being outside in nature letting the wind and the sun and the rain or whatever clear my head.

My ankle's still not 100% so I'm limited to where I can go.  1) not too far a walk from the car and 2) someplace with natural seating of some kind.  Luckily, my go-to spot covers those.  Unluckily, it's also an east facing rock ledge, so when it's sunny, I bake.

I went out to the go-to spot around 8am on Tuesday.  It was a cool morning and there was a nice breeze.  I slathered SPF 50 on and sat on the ledges drowning worms.  Nothing was biting except for the little worm-stealers. 

Hubs and I went out Thursday afternoon from 3-6pm.  I caught a 12" spotted bass on a worm.  He caught a little bitty spot on a lure.  The fish was only about 2" bigger than the lure LOL. He also caught a little bluegill and I caught a little spot.  It was a gorgeous day, so it's all good.

Since it's now Labor Day Weekend, we'll be staying home for the duration. 

Oh, and the next time I go out, I don't need to worry so much about going someplace with natural seating, since Hubs convinced me to buy a little camp stool.  It's lightweight and seems durable.  It also has a strap to carry it over my shoulder, too, so while it is one more thing to carry in addition to my pole, my tackle box, and my go-bag, it's shouldn't be that big a deal. 

In other happy news, the Barney Fife park host was supposedly being moved to another park this past week.  Fingers crossed he's really gone.  Then I can fish in peace again.  I still won't be parking where I was, but now I won't be jumping every time I hear the golf cart making its rounds.  I heard he was rousting other people, too.  Told one gal she couldn't even use the picnic tables in the park unless she was a paying camper.  That's just nuts.  There's nothing anywhere to indicate that's a thing.  I think he was just a sad man who felt better when he was pushing people around.  Or maybe pushing women around made him feel important.  :shrug:  Buh-bye to you, dorkbutt.

Well, that's it for me.  Not sure what next week will bring.  I'm on deadline with my writing again, so I have to focus on that.  And there's the holiday.  Campers... ew.   Get out and about in nature if you get a chance.  See ya next week.  =o)


No comments:

Post a Comment