Saturday, September 9, 2017

Saturday Fishing Report - 9/9/17

Hello all, and welcome to the Saturday Fishing Report.  Sorry it's been light, but it's summer fishing from the bank, so you really can't expect too much.  All the fish are dining deeper than I can get to with my rig.

Tuesday - Went out to the main lake near a public boat ramp around 8:30a.  It was overcast and slightly windy and cool.  I almost caught a turtle, but other than that, nada.  I did try out my new camp stool.  Yep, it's a stool.  If you're looking for something light and cheap to sit on, Wallyworld's got 'em for like $9.  Holds up to around 225lbs.  The only issue is if you sit on it for long enough, the bars on either side of the seat pressing into your butt can cause discomfort. 

Thursday - Back out to my go-to spot at around 8am.  It was sunny and cool.  After about an hour it got warm enough to chuck the jacket and the sweatshirt.  Then I had to slather on the sunblock because those ledges are perfect for gathering sunlight.  I caught one little bluegill.  And lost a worm on a Texas rig when it got hooked up on the rocks. 

After I left the go-to spot, I stopped by the park.  The new hosts are there.  I chatted with the gal, welcomed her to the area, and thanked her.  She seemed nice.  Then again, Barney Fife seemed nice when I did the same thing with him at the beginning.  :shrug:  I'll tell ya one thing, the bathroom was WAY cleaner with her around then with those guys.  Not that it was gross, but it needed to be wiped down and all the dead bugs needed to be swept out on a regular basis.  Ew. 

Then I drove around the park.  Only two camping spots were being used in the entire park.  But several were marked reserved.  I grouse about people being in the park, but I recognize that I need them in the park or they'll close the park again.  And I would have a sad.  Fingers crossed the rest of the weekends this season are banner for them in there.

That's it for me today.  Get outside this week sometime if you can and I'll see ya next week. 

1 comment:

  1. I considered firing up the laptop and moving outside to work. Sadly, I have no chairs comfortable enough to sit and work for any length of time. I do need to feed the wild critters and empty/scrub/refill the dog pools. If I were brave, I'd wash the dogs too. There's still just a little taint left from their skunk adventure.

    Hopefully, with the cooling temps the bigger fishies will decide to play nice and jump right into your frying pan! ;) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete