Saturday, September 23, 2017

Saturday Fishing Report - 9/23/17

Hi All and welcome to the Saturday Fishing Report, such as it is.  The weather took a major turn toward the hot and the fish are still deeper than I can go from the bank.

Having said that, though, I did go out on Tuesday morning.  I fished for a couple hours.  Caught 4 bluegills, one green sunfish, and two small spotted bass.  Nothing big enough to keep, but it was better than getting skunked. 

I'm seeing scads of bait fish and small panfish along the ledges.  I'm also seeing a boatload of turtles - all makes and models.  I'd also like to say it's been a banner year for seeing snakes in the water.  I'm thinking it all has something to do with the flood, but I don't know that for certain. 

Checking out the local fishing reports tells me what I suspect - the fish are deep and they really aren't that interested in the food I'm presenting them because the lake is filled with shad and the bass are gorging themselves on those.

I may go out today because I'm getting cabin fever.  I don't expect to catch anything of note, but like I've said before that's not the only goal of my fishing excursions.  Sure, I'd like to catch fish to bring home and eat, but if I don't, it ain't no thing. 

Well, that's it for me.  I hope y'all have an awesome week and get out into nature at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Weather should cool of next week, though if the bait fish are still running heavy, the big boys will be snacking on them. Still, getting out and wetting a hook is good for your soul. I finished WHTF. Haven't reviewed it yet. I'm still thinking about the end. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally looking forward to the cool down. This jump back up to higher temperatures is dragging me down. Yes, my soul needs to drown worms. (That sounds bad, but it's true.)

      Yay for finishing WHTF!

      Delete