Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday This n That

Yesterday, I had a message on my machine from my doctor's office "...I need you to call us as soon as possible" and no reason why.  So I, of course, began the freak out process.  Whatever could it be?  It's not time for my shot.  I haven't had any tests lately.  Was it something to do with my last bill?  Did they stop taking my insurance?  Argh.  I picked up the phone right then and called.  It was to reschedule my appointment in November.  I told her she could've said that on the machine, and she reminded me of HIPAA.  I get HIPAA rules and everything, but I signed that paper saying they could leave a message and another paper saying Hubs can have access to everything.  They know it's just the two of us here - it's not that big an office and I make myself hard to forget (in a friendly way).  Ugh.  I bet next time it'll be the same dealie-bob, even though I told her she could leave more details.  I guess it's just one more thing I'll have to get over.

I mentioned before that I had a business proposition in the works.  Nothing major.  Like I'm not getting a non-writing, outside the house job or anything.  My family owns a business up in Michigan and my brother offered me an opportunity.  I didn't take it as is.  I have too much writing and life stuff to commit to anything so involved.  But I did agree to a modified version.  It'll make me a little scratch and help Mom out tons, with only some spreadsheet work here and there.  As the scratch accumulates, I'll have money for covers and editing, so look out world.  LOL

The great thing about Kindle Unlimited is that I got to watch someone read the entire Once Upon a Djinn series over the course of two days.  Tuesday they started reading WIOH and I watched the graph for that rise, then IDW, then UWC.  They finished WHTF last night.  Which was totally cool. 

I saw a bald eagle yesterday!  I hope this means the migration for them has begun.  We do have the occasional sighting throughout the year, but when they've migrated to here for the winter, we see tons.  Yay!

The cat is doing better.  No barfing since Tuesday and she actually ate a little dry food this morning.  (She's been eating wet, but less than usual.)  Whatever upset her tummy must be over.  :fingers crossed:

Well, that's it for me.  Have at it yourself in the comments. 

2 comments:

  1. Well...those were all pretty good thises and thatses. ;)

    Let's see...The cat has moved into the shower. Don't ask because I have no clue.

    I need to write faster but I keep getting distracted. Which means I'm stressing over deadlines. Not a good look for me.

    I defaulted to an older series I've enjoyed that I could get audio books for from the library. They were cutting edge at the time of publication and when I glommed onto them (several years into the series), I enjoyed the hell out of them. Now? I'm sorta meh. I found another series on KU that I can listen to for free by getting the Kindle version on KU. It's a new to me author but has lots of reviews so doesn't really fit your reading challenge criteria. Still, I'll give it a try. The MC is a magic null who does "crime scene" clean-up for the magical community and she's forced to work with a human detective while also dating a werewolf--who can turn human when she's within 3 feet of him. We'll see how it goes.

    Okay, I really need to get off the internet and get new words written. I'd like to get both a love scene and a fight scene done today and not necessarily in the same scene. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't understand cats. Sorry about your stress. I wish I could help. :hugs: Yay for finding books to enjoy! Hey, whatever you want to read for the challenge is a-ok with me. That book sounds fun! And familiar, but I can't place it.

      Hope you got your new words written! LOL, a love-fight scene! Fun!

      Delete