Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Not Dead, Just Tired

I figured I'd better drop a post of some kind so people don't think I'm dead.  I'm not dead.  Not even close.  I just have little to say that isn't whining or bitching or ranting, so I've been choosing to stay silent.  Mom always said 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'.  Wise Mom.  I don't always follow her advice, but there ya go.

The sky just opened up and is dumping large quantities of wetness upon us.  A sploosherama.  Oh well.  It's supposed to drop the temps significantly, so I'll put up with it.  Not like there's anything I can do about it anyway.  With all the rain we've had lately, I'm kinda wishing there was a reverse rain dance I could be doing.  :smirk:

Talking with an elderly acquaintance yesterday, we learned that she's concerned might not be able to keep her house much longer.  Social security isn't enough for her bills and her house payments along with the rising costs of things like eating and driving and existing.  

Whoops.  Derp.  See?  This is why I haven't been posting.  Bitching about the weather.  Bitching about the state of the nation.  I don't talk about my books, because then I'd be whining.  All of it makes me exceedingly tired.  I expect you're all tired of it, too.

So, not dead, just tired.  I expect I'll still be doing Thursday This n That, Saturday Reading Wrap-up (when I've got something there worth talking about), and Sunday Update.  If I miss those, then you can worry whether I'm dead.  Other posts will come when I have something to talk about, so sporadically.  

What about you?  Do you have anything to talk about?

2 comments:

  1. So very sorry for your neighbor. It IS a thing. Luckily, our house is paid off. Our cars are paid off. But yeah, even with my SS (which is under 1K a month) and LG's VA, we leave month-to-month. We've cut out a bunch of stuff. Sadly, with oil and natural gas prices up, I'm getting larger O&G royalty checks each month. It's not enough to offset inflation, but it helps. Anyway, bitch and whine away. I totally get it and sometimes it's good to have someone to commiserate with.

    We missed the monsoon last night but got some rain. WCWS starts tomorrow so I'm walking around singng "Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day. Way, way away day." Okay, it can rain late next week. We'll see if it works.

    Anyway, glad you checked in. I need to get back in the mindset of replying to commenters on my own places. Lazy dog that I am. Anyway, stay dry, and yay for cooler temps.

    Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor neighbor! I managed to refinance last year, so at least I don't need to worry about that.

    Yes, the news is depressing. It's too rare to hear anything good.

    Congratulations on your rain! If you don't want it, you're welcome to send it my way. :-)

    ReplyDelete