Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 21

Wow.  I just looked back on the week and discovered I didn't do much of anything.  

Wrote on two days for about 2800 words.  The plot shifted under my feet, the book headed in an entirely different direction, and I fell down.  Now I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with this thing.

I read two books and a good portion of another.  I also read a bit on third book, but had to DNF it.  :sad trombone:

On the activity front, I spent a couple hours weeding.  That's it.  And it tuckered me out, which tells me I really need to do more and get back to being active every day.  

In baking news, I made brownies.  I also did pizza subs one night.  Both extremely yummy.  Neither one really good for my ever-widening ass.

Not doing stuff is a vicious cycle.  You don't do stuff and then you don't feel like doing stuff.  And every day it becomes harder to do stuff.  Because when you actually do DO stuff, every little part of your body protests the next day.  So then you REALLY don't want to do stuff.  It that makes any sense.  Plus, the mental aspect of not doing stuff wears you down until all you find yourself wanting to do is sit on the couch eating brownies and watching TV.

We stayed up late last night watching Rio Bravo.  Hubs is still sleeping and the deer need to be fed, so as soon as I finish this post, I'll go do that.  I am still doing what needs to be done.  There are just so few things that actually NEED to be done.

What did you do last week?  


2 comments:

  1. Follow the yellow-brick road until it deadends, Ys, or circles back around and you know you're on the right path. I recognize that viscious do-nothing loop. Ugh. Rio Bravo! I 💖 the Duke. Hope the deer start dropping fawns soon.

    Last week? There was a week? Oh, yeah. I did a little writing. Very little. I did a little revisions. VERY little. I watched softball. I napped. I visited with the police who showed up at the door re: the loose dogs from down the way. I introduced Pete to gushy food. Little dude's never leaving now. Tomorrow I'll buy him a bed for the garage. I made soft tacos.

    Basically, I didn't do much at all. Maybe this week will be better. I need to get into the yard and cut out some of the wild grapevine and stuff so the cars at the stop sign can see around the massive oaks. The master gardner who built this house originally wasn't planning for 60 years of growth. Ah well.

    I need more coffee, despite the boil order. Fun times. Have a good week. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies. I'm deep in the too-tired-to-do-stuff weeds. Trying to get up and out and about more, but all I want to do is sleep.

    Pizza subs sound WONDERFUL.

    I got a bit of work done this week. Almost finished my looong, useful source (one illustration to go) and did the writing for a shorter one. Five illustrations on that one, then I start the next. Some days it feels never ending...

    ReplyDelete