Friday, May 27, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 5/28/22

Hello again!  I passing-fair reading week this week, so let's get to it.

No new books this week.  I only have two ebooks left unread - UF and cozy mystery - so I expect I'll be hitting the newsletters this week looking for more to read.

Books Read:

29) Feels Like Home by Evelyn Adams (5/27/22) - Romance* - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  Free off the Robin Reads newsletter.
Review: "Nice, 'different worlds' type romance with a bit of suspense thrown in there. Justice and a happy ending = Perfect."
Available in Audio format.

28) Murder by the Cup by Abigail Lynn Thornton (5/26/22) - Paranormal Mystery* - 4 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  Free off the Robin Reads newsletter.
Review: "There was an awful lot going on in there, and I was a little confused for a while, but I muddled through and it turned into a fun story."

DNFs:

5/22/22 - free - I thought it was supposed to be a suspense, but nothing was happening.  Still, whatever it was it seemed like it was well-written.  Plus, I'd read a couple reviews that said it took a few chapters to get going, so I gave it another chance.  Nope.  In good conscience, I didn't think I would be able to give this more than 3 stars, so I stopped trying.  =o(

Currently reading... I finished the romance late enough last night that I didn't feel like starting anything else before bed.  Not sure what I'll be picking up next.

What was on your reading wrap-up for the week?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh. Did we do this last week? I can't remember. I'll just give a quick update then. I'm at 66 books toward my 150 goal, so I'm 6 books ahead. Not sure how that happened, since I was like 5 behind a few weeks ago. LOL In the recent past, I finished a new release from Jeaniene Frost, THE OTHER HALF OF THE GRAVE. It's a retelling of her first Night Huntress book in the POV of the hero. It was interesting and I decided to stick with her world, skipping to her 4-book spin-off series featuring Vlad Tepes. She's far more true to Vlad's actual history and he's a very cool and very complex character. These are paranormal/urban fantasy books. I'm totally glad I did a marathon. In their reading order:
    Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) 5 stars
    Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) 5 stars
    Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3) 5 stars
    Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) 5 stars

    Currently listening to ARCHANGEL'S LIGHT by Nalini Singh. This is the latest in her Guildhunter/Archangel paranormal series. I have mixed feelings about this book, which is why I didn't jump on it when it first released a bit ago. Also, reviews from die-hard fans are all over the place, another reason for my ambialence. I finally decided I needed to clear it off so I started it. So far, I'm rolling my eyes a bit because the two main characters are acting more like teenage girls than 500 year old "angels" (they are immortal beings with wings but their existence has nothing to do with religion). Still, Nalini has a way with words and I'm a bit curious as to where the story goes. I feel no great push to listen nonstop so that means I might actually get some of my own work done. LOL Once it's done, I have no clue what to read.

    Cheers to us all finding good books to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete