Thursday, May 5, 2022

Thursday This n That

I didn't get out of bed until 7. Deal with it.

Well, that was another fun night.  2.6 inches of rain.  Lightning and thunder abounded.  I got up around 2 a.m. and watched the radar until I was sure nothing swirly was headed this way.  The worst of it dissipated before it got here, leaving us with just loads of water.  The wet weather stream at the back of the property is a roaring creek right now.  And there are flood warnings all over the place.  

On a side note, I love living on a hill.  In times like these having a house right on the lake is a liability I'm glad I don't have to deal with.  

For some reason, I was a whole week ahead yesterday. Yep, thought it was the 2nd Wednesday. Derp.

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of my Dad's passing. I think to think he's somewhere catching fishing with his dad. (His dad died when he was ten, so he never really got the chance to go fishing with him. Dad always seemed to regret that.)

I so did not want to write last night, but I kicked my own ass and got over 1700 words out.

Did anyone else get the email that Amazon will no longer be supporting MOBI files in its 'Send to Kindle'? Weird. Thankfully, the only files I send to my Kindle are Word documents. But how does that work for authors who send MOBI files to their readers? :shrug:

Okay, today is a short this-n-that, but I'm running late, so I'd better get my buns moving. See ya in the funny papers.

1 comment:

  1. In response:

    We got the twirly things, thoguh not locally. Just losts of lightning and buckets of rain. The local station we watch had their chopper up and it caught the multiple vortices that took out the marijuana grow operation near Maud. LG and I were cracking jokes, while hoping no one was injured. So far, I haven't heard of any injuries.

    My dad will have been gone 27 years come December. And yeah, I know wherever he is, he's standing in a mountain stream fly fishing. 🤗 on the anniversary.

    I crashed last night. Hard. I did get started on ASSASSIN MOON revisions. Dang if that book isn't better than I remember. Hopefully, that's a good thing. 🤣 Congrats on your word count. That's awesome!

    I did not get that email. Of course, I seldom use the Send to Kindle app. Calibre is a good program for converting and reading both epub and mobi files. Just in case.

    A few additions of my own. Pete is now a garage cat. LG leaves the garage door up about 8" so he can slip in and out. Shylock also sneaks in. Haven't seen Mama Cat in a month. 😞 but Smudge is around occasional and I saw BeeGee the other morning, along with Lucifer.

    LG sent me pictures of a "night raider" from last night. The big, fat coon is back and he pretty much cleaned up the leftover cat food.

    And that's my critter new. Time to face another rainy day. At least there's softball and baseball tonight! Later tater.

    ReplyDelete