Friday, December 3, 2021

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Okay, so the other day I was at the pet rescue site and they have a brother/sister duo of kittens that I feel like are my spirit animals.  And I was going on and on about these two.  Later, as we were laying in bed, Hubs said that if I really wanted those kittens and not having them was going to make me unhappy, we could go get the kittens.  And I felt really bad that he thought he was making me sad by not letting me have a new pet.  

Now, thinking about having kittens and actually having kittens are two totally different things.  When I think about having them, I picture all the fun and the love and the kitty pets.  And that makes me happy.  Actually owning kittens means litter boxes and clawing furniture and... Well...

When I was in college, I lived in a tiny cabin for a while.  It allowed pets, so I went and got a kitten.  Jinx.  She was mostly feral and would happily claw the crap out of me.  And she had intestinal issues for a while there, which means my entire little cabin was speckled with diarrhea on a daily basis.  She also had a penchant for creating confetti out of any toilet paper she could get to.  And if I forgot to shut the bathroom door before I left for class, I would come home to a blizzard of white paper everywhere.

Hell, Kira was a carpet shredding kitten.  If it was carpeted, she wanted her claws in it.  Kitten?  We have spots in this house where the carpet is shredded and we didn't move here until she was well past the kitten stage.  

Anyway, I assured poor Hubs that I wasn't sad about not having a kitten.  I was just happy to think about having one.  And he said he would do anything to make sure I wasn't unhappy.  :cue awwww:  Which is when I let out an evil cackle and rubbed my hands together like a cartoon villain.  Once he laughed, I sobered up and told him 'No.  I won't do that.  With great power comes great responsibility.'  ;o)

Long story made shorter... we're not getting two kittens.  Or even one.  

(But I did name the girl kitten* in my head.  Ophelia.  And then I could sing her song to get her to come to me.  O-O-phe-li-a.  :gigglesnort:  Her brother is named Quentin at the shelter, and I think that suits him.) (I just went to find a link to Quentin.  He must've been adopted.  Yay for him.  Boo because they didn't get adopted together.)

*She just looks like she's got 'tude and check out the middle picture of her.  Isn't she awesome?  And NO, we're still not getting a kitten.  Even if I want one and now she's all alone up there.  Ahem.

2 comments:

  1. Hubs is all kinds of awesome and awwww. Bummer that the siblings didn't get adopted together. I couldn't split a pair like that. And yeah, she does have 'tude, and Tristan? Really? That's a boy's name. Ophelia is totally more appropriate!

    Have a great weekend! And yeah, I'm totally going back to the site to check out their dogs. LOLOL (Not that I'm "in the market." Boone is too old and grouchy to intro anyone new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the IDEA of having kittens, but I definitely don't want one. My current excuse is that Churchill would never forgive me, but in all honesty kittens are more than I can handle.

    They are soooo temptingly cure, though...

    ReplyDelete