Sorry about the preempt, but Saturday being Christmas and all, I thought it would be best to move the Wrap-up to today. The final Wrap up for 2021 will also be moved, but to Friday, ya know since next Saturday is New Year's Day.
Okay, let's see how the reading week went...
I picked up one new ebook - a cozy mystery - and two paperbacks via Amazon.
68) The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler (12/26/21) - Crime Noir - 5 stars. New to me, but hardly an underappreciated book. Picked this paperback up new from Amazon. Full price.
Review: "Good story. Similar to the movie, but not quite the same. Enjoyable, even with the differences. The five stars are for the story, not the edition. This particular edition came with various weird typographical flaws, so if those irritate you, you might want to find another copy. Personally, I'll still be on the lookout for a good, old, used paperback."
67) The Guest is a Goner by Carly Winter (12/23/21) - Paranormal Cozy Mystery*# - 5 stars. New to me and underappreciated. Free from an Amazon recommendation.
Review: "Cute little cozy with some fun characters."
66) Dhata Mays by Greg Dragon (12/22/21) - SF Crime Noir*# - 5 stars. Not new to me, but underappreciated. Free off an Amazon Top 100 Free list and because I'd read another book in this series.
Review: "I really do love these stories. The setting is intriguing. The writing is superb. And Dhata is kick-ass. A nice nod to the noir fiction I love, as well as the futuristic SF I enjoy."
65) The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris (12/20/21) - Thriller - 5 stars. Neither new to me nor underappreciated. Picked this paperback up new from Amazon. Full price.
Review: "I'd never read this before. A most excellent book and yes, better than the movie."
64) Anthem by Ayn Rand (12/18/19) - Literature Novella - 5 stars. Definitely not new to me, but I always think this book deserves more appreciation. I've had this book for years.
Review: "I really needed this right now. I probably should make this a yearly read. It refreshes my soul."
Currently reading... Nothing. I was working on my own book yesterday. I think I'll hit another paranormal mystery today. I have 7 more books to read and only 5 days in which to do it. I think I made a valiant effort, but I doubt I'm going to make the goal this year. Stay tuned.
What did your reading week look like?