Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 12/11/21

 It wasn't the best of weeks for reading.  And I'm pretty sure every DNF brings me that much farther away from the chance of completing my goal.  But... :shrug: it is what it is.

I haven't picked up any new books this week, but I'm down to like 3 unread ebooks - thriller, SF, and UF - so I'd better get cracking.  

Books Read:

61) The Daughter of a Magnate by Frank H. Spearman (12/9/21) - Historical# - 4 stars - This was a book that used to belong to my daughter.  She didn't want it anymore, so it ended up on my shelves.  I finally got around to reading it.
Review: "
Pretty good story. The writing was okay, but didn't blow my socks off.

DNFs:

12/10/21 - romance - free.  It read like it was written by a tenth-grade girl so she could share it with her friends.  I mean, she was probably a straight-A student, because I wasn't finding errors all over the place, but totally not for me.

12/9/21 - cozy mystery - free.  It opened to the end even though I'd never read it.  Weird.  So, I went to the beginning and it was lame, which meant I ended up DNF'ing it anyway.  What a waste of time.

12/9/21 - fantasy - free.  Meh.  It wasn't blowing my skirt up.

Currently reading... that UF.  I haven't made it very far, but it's not giving me a reason to DNF it yet, so yay.

What was up in your reading world this past week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm at 189 books of my 200 challenge, making me 1 book ahead. I finished 5 books this week. Most were the end of my marathon relisten to the Jayne Castle series, but I threw in an anthology by other authors.

    189 - Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2) Shelly Laurenston, Cynthia Eden, Sherrill Quinn. 3 stars Paranormal romance anthology, Laurenston a fave author, familiar with Eden, Quinn new-to-me. This is an older release and none of the stories completely resonated with me. Ended up skimming the Eden and Quinn stories.
    188 - Guild Boss (Illusion Town #2, Harmony/Ghost Hunters, #14) 4 stars
    187 - Illusion Town (Illusion Town #1, Harmony #13) 5 stars
    186 - Siren's Call (Rainshadow, #4; Harmony, #12) 4 stars
    185 - The Hot Zone (Rainshadow, #3; Harmony, #11) 5 stars

    Currently listening to AMARYLLIS by Jayne Castle, SciFi/Paranormal/Romance. It's a relisten because nothing else is ringing bells for me at the moment. There's two more books after it in the series. After that, who knows? Still thinking I'll make my goal. We'll see.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete