Thursday, July 1, 2021

Thursday This n That

We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of rain.  TODAY.  Hubs and I went out to the deck and moved all the plants from the middle where they were getting the right amount of sun and rain to under the eaves where they won't get drowned.  We'll slide them all back to the middle when the rain stops.  Needless to say, we got wet.

Hubs just named Lumpy's buck twin. Sonny.  So I named his sister Stormy.  We've also decided to call the one-antlered buck Uno.  (His other antler snapped at the base and was hanging by a piece of skin... gross... until it finally fell off.)

I can't believe it's already July 1st.  I had such hopes for the year and it's already half over.  On the bright side, 2021 has been kinda sucky so far, so it's already half over.

I've been using the exercise bike again.  Two days in a row.  Woohoo.  Go me.  I set it up in the spare bedroom, next to the stereo, looking out the window.  So I can listen to music and stare at the yard while I bike.  Fifteen minutes on the bike is roughly 3 miles worth and it burns about 150 calories.  (I know because the bike keeps track of that stuff.  It also does heart rate as long as I keep my hands on the handle bars, touching the metal points.)

I need to make cookies.

Last night, I was all like 'I got chicken out for dinner, how do you want it?' and Hubs made a face.  I guess he's off chicken again.  I sauteed it up, diced it up, and put it on the counter with a bunch of other stuff to make a salad bar.  That was acceptable.  Yay.  He's always been more of a beef dude.  Before we married, he ate a lot of steak.  Hamburgers tonight.  

Speaking of hamburger, I made a pizza night before last and browned ground beef to put on it.  Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.

My BFF lost her job - long story, but I so want to poke her ex-boss in the eye with a pointy stick - so I've been looking at the want ads for her.  There are a lot of jobs available right now.  Not many that she's probably like, but way more than there ought to be considering how many people are unemployed.  I saw one that I would probably enjoy if I were so inclined - working at a vet clinic in their kennels.  I mentioned it to Hubs and he reminded me of my one foray working in a kennel, a job I thoroughly hated.  I'm older now, but yeah, probably not as much fun as I imagine it would be.

Okay, well, I should probably go do something constructive, although this is my day to not call the office and with it raining, there's not much I'm in the mood to do.  Cookies.  Yeah, I can do that.  Talk at ya later.

2 comments:

  1. Sonny and Stormy. I might have been weird and call her Cher. LOL

    We've had over 7" with more today.

    The little mama cat was back today. I haven't seen her in weeks. Don't know if kitten were involved but I'm glad to know she's okay. The four "boys" have all been there--Shyster, Lucifer, BG, and Hi-Jinx.

    Was up and out early today. Drover (my Highlander) was scheduled for his 60K mile service. I had a coupon so it was only a little over a $100. Yay. The Kids are driving him to St. Louis later this month. Long story.

    Sorry about your friend. That sucks.

    I meant to get bird sead on the way home from the Toyota dealership. I forgot. The birds are gathering and since I'm not that big of a Hitchcock fan, Jake and I will get out again here soon.

    Not many words today. My goal from Monday is toast. I getta get a reset button for my brain.

    Loki has discovered doves. Actually, the doves have discovered the former water dish that now has bird seed hanging outside the office window. He's a little freaked by the big birds.

    Not much else going on. I should probably go hit Westlake Ace HW before the rain moves in again.

    That much rain should be a good test of the repair job. Hope it holds. Enjoy your day with cookies or whatever else suits! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for rain? But not that much! We're usually in drought, so I love watching it rain.

    Hugs to your BFF! I hope she finds the perfect job soon.

    I love Stormy and Sonny! :-) And hello to Uno!

    The pan of water that I've been refilling for the last 3 years has finally been noticed. A bird (maybe a young or female mockingbird?) took a long, splashy bath, and got so wet she could barely fly up to the branch 3' above her. She looked like she had enormous fun.

    And a teeny tiny frog is living under the water pan. So cute!

    ReplyDelete