Saturday, July 24, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 7/24/21

 It hasn't been the most exciting of reading weeks this week.  For some reason, I just didn't feel like reading for most of the week.  :shrug:

Oddly enough, despite not wanting to read, I picked up a lot of ebooks - a suspense, two mysteries, and two romances.  I still have three unread ebooks from last week, too - paranormal mystery, suspense, and cozy mystery.  

Books Read:

49) Never Came Home by CJ Grayson (7/23/21) - Suspense*2 - 5 stars.  Not new to me but underappreciated.  Free after seeing it talked about on one of the FB reader groups I belong to and snagged because I'd read the first already.
Review: "Wow. What a roller-coaster ride. So full of twists and turns sometimes I wasn't sure which way was up. But it all came out to a satisfying ending."

No DNFs.

Currently reading...  I didn't pick up another book after I finished this one yesterday.  Next up on my 'books acquired' list is a paranormal mystery, so I'll probably start that today.

How was your reading week?

1 comment:

  1. It was a good week for me. I finished 5 books, which puts me at 115 books on my GR challenge, which is 4 books ahead of schedule.

    115: Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19), Nalini Singh, ParaRom, 5 stars, not unknown, not unappreciated. This is a fave series and author, totally worth the marathon re-listen each year when the new release comes out. This was last year's.

    114: The Lights of Sugarberry Cove, Heather Webber - Southern Magic Realism, 5 stars. This one popped up on my library holds list so I took a break from the Psy-Changeling books. It's a little underappreciated. Webber's voice is lyrical and southern charm oozes from her stories. This one is about mothers, daughters, sisters, and figuring out what has meaning in their lives. I loved it and highly recommend all of her SMR books! They're all stand alone and all a lovely break from the crazy that is the current world.

    113: Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18), Nalini Singh - ParaRom 5 stars. Pretty much what I said about Alpha Night.

    112: Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17), Nalini Singh - ParaRom 4 stars. This one didn't feel quite...complete but still a whale of a tale. (Yes there are deep sea changelings!)

    111: Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16) - Nalini Singh - ParaRom 5 stars. This is truly my favorite book in the whole series. Russian bears! And Silver Mercant. Ahem. Anyway, yeah. Favorite book.

    Currently listening to LAST GUARD, which is the new release. I haven't actually started it yet as I just finished ALPHA NIGHT right before posting. I've heard good things about it so I'll be starting on it today at some point. I really need to get some writing done rather than be distracted by good books. 🤣

    Happy reading, y'all!

    ReplyDelete