Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 29

Hello again.  It's Sunday morning after a fun-filled night of weird dreams and listening to the pouring rain while worrying about my plants.  Thus, I'm draggin' again.  Bear with me.

I didn't write anything this week, but I did start making edit notes.  I'm like 4% into it and already have like three pages of notes.  Ah, the dirty first draft of an intricate fantasy story.  Fun fun.

I did a bunch of marketing this week, too.  I moved like 29 free copies of Sleeping Ugly and one copy each of the other two.  (The other two are still on sale through tomorrow.)  Not great, but better than nothing.  :shrug:  Maybe I'll see some page reads.  I did have someone read the SCIU books after the sale I had on those last month, so there's hope.

In reading news, due to editing again, I only read one book.  I hope to start reading something today.  Luckily, I'm editing on my old Kindle, so I can read on the newer one.  Juggling Kindles should be fun.  Especially since one is a swiper and the other isn't.

On the baking front, I made granola bars.  And I made amped-up chocolate streusel coffee cake.  With extra coffee and more chocolate.  You can't eat this and sit still.  Woohoo.

Only three days worth of activity this past week.  All on the exercise bike.  I did like 35 minutes and almost 12 miles.  And gained .6 pounds.  Blerg.  Weight: 184.0

Okay, so you know the garden has been pretty much a dud.  I mean, all the plants look pretty good, but no veggies.  The zukes are blooming, but no fruits.  The tomatoes bloomed, but no fruits... until yesterday when I discovered a tiny tomato.  Right now, it's about the size of a pea.  So I moved the plant out into the sun.  And then forgot to move it back, so it was under the deluge last night.  Stupid stupid.  We'll see if I still have my one tiny tomato or if the rain knocked it off.

The deer are doing good.  So are the rabbits.  Rockette Raccoon brought her babies to the corn pans.  She has three nice, plump mini-mes.  I wish I could've gotten a picture, but it was low light.  Bummer.  We haven't seen any sick raccoons since the animal-torturer in the neighborhood died.  I think perhaps karma got him.  I get that sometimes people need to eradicate pests, but they should be humane about it.  And not then laugh about the animals dying in cruel ways.  Just sayin'.

Anyway, here's a picture I took of Uno, the one antlered deer:

He looks kind of silly with his one ear turned back to listen behind him.  Poor dude.  It's gonna be hard for him to attract the ladies this fall.  Better luck next year, Uno.

Okay, well, I think that's it for my Week 29.  How was your week?  Anything good to share?


2 comments:

  1. Gosh. There was a week, wasn't there. Life...was. Which beats the alternative.

    I did get a few words written though I'm mostly procrastinating still doing the research thing.

    Reading was good, as you know from yesterday's wrap-up. Started OCEAN LIGHT last night, which is the next in the series.

    The four "boys" are still hanging around: Shylock, Lucifer, BG, and Hi-Jinx. I have glimpsed the mama cat but she doesn't appear for breakfast anymore. That makes me sad. Ah well. Note: I'm not sure all 4 ARE boys, though Shy has been neutered but since I'm never seen kittens with any of them...

    Today is National Ice Cream Day. And now I'm craving.

    Stormy came over Thursday and spent the night, going home Friday afternoon. That gave him Big Daddy Time™ before they left early Saturday for vacay. They took Drover for more room and because he's in better driving shape. Luckily, they have a house sitter for Dozier (their GSD who is NUTS!).

    LG and I put up the new fan in the kitchen yesterday. Long story and a bit of comedy of errors. Good news is, the new fan is awesome and the old fan (which was at least 20 yo) had serious metal fatique.

    Washer still on the blink. That's another long story. Hopefully, that'll be fixed today because...I have LOADS to do.

    Boring life. And the news is both depressing and scary. Orwell was a prophet.

    Okay. Time for my 3rd cup of coffee. Maybe I can be somewhat prodeuctive today. Hang in there. Fingers crossed for the baby 'mater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday! (That sounds like it's time for ice cream. :-) )

    Poor Uno looks so sad. I hope he grows two antlers next year. Yay for happy raccoons and babies! Mom's semi-feral little cat has been bringing a kitten up to visit, but both of her kittens are *completely* feral. And Mom is tooooooo big and scary! LOL!

    I've been working on my easier sources this week, so I got a lot done. Next week won't be as much fun, but words are getting written. :-)

    ReplyDelete