Sunday, July 4, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 27

:blink blink:  Sorry, folks.  It's almost seven and I just woke up.  Well, I guess if you're going to oversleep, Sunday is the best day to do it.  And it's a holiday, too.  Even better.

Speaking of which... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Okay, now for wrapping up this week...

If you follow along on Outside the Box, you'll see I had an epiphany and wrote the climax scene.  But, if last night's writing session is anything to go by, there's so much more to write.  :shrug:  It is what it is.  I wrote 4 out 7 days and came up up with 4700 words.  Woohoo.

Still no editing or marketing.  Someone in the UK is reading the SCIU series one after the other, so I got that going for me.

In reading news, I finished two good books and DNF'd a dud.

As for baking, I made oatmeal apple raisin cookies.  

On the active front, I was only active 4 days - three on the exercise bike and in a row.  Yesterday, I got a wild hair and decided to tackle the storage tubs.  I'm counting it as active.  Weight: unchanged at 184.4.

Speaking of storage tubs, here's the deal...  We were looking for something the other day and couldn't find it.  In any of the tubs.  And we have a lot of tubs.  What a pain.  So, I got the idea to sort through all the tubs and achieve some measure of organization.  Which is what I did yesterday.  (Still didn't find it.  After all our moves, who knows where it went.)  Hefting tubs around, sorting through reams of stuff, up and down off the floor, back and forth to the storage closest.  And all the shredding.  By hand because paper clips and staples.  I ended up with two black garbage bags worth of crap to throw out.  I'll talk more about that in another post.

We're seeing fawns just about every day now.  Which is totally awesome.  And we have a pair of prothonotary warblers checking out our little birdhouse on the porch.  Which is also awesome.  

That's what I assume is the female.  The male is more colorful.

The garden loved all the rain we got this past week, but still no fruits.  =o\

And that's all I can think of for the past week.  How was your week?  Got any plans for today (the real holiday) or tomorrow (the government's holiday)?


2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th. Yay for all the good in your week, especially the KENPs and words!

    I wish I had a plan to go annoy all the people shooting off fireworks--illegally, btw.

    Did a little writing. Very little. I gotta get outta this slump.

    Had lunch with the Kids at our fave Mexican restaurant yesterday. Awesome food, good company.

    Woke up to The Explosion Show this morning. Typical dude fare--two guys going around blowing stuff up.

    Had an okay listening/reading week. Started a relisten of a book and I'd forgotten how awesome it was. I hightly recommend KILL THE QUEEN by Jennifer Estep. Her magical world-building and characters and the whole plot line is terrific. (Which means I'll probably fark off today and tomorrow to listen to it and the other two books in the series before the 4th arrives on Tuesday.)

    Not much else going on. Weather is still mostly nice, a real boon this time of year.

    Maybe I'll finally tacle the pantry today. I can do that while listening to my book. It'll make me feel productive. Or maybe I'll just surf the web. LOLOL

    We tend to lay low on holidays because all the stupid people come out. I might do a brisket tomorrow (didn't set it out to thaw today so we'll be doing fastfood tonight) or maybe we'll just hit our fave BBQ place for dinner.

    Here's to a good week for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth of July!

    I love your warbler. She's so colorful! Yay for fawns!

    LOL to all your tubs. I think I *finally* got all my moving boxes unpacked. No, I take that back -- some with fabric and costumes are hidden in the back corner of the sewing room. I really need to start giving stuff away.

    I'm still on track with the dressmaking book. In the slow lane, but at least I'm moving. :-)

    ReplyDelete