Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 4

Well, there's another week of 2020 gone by, and this one without a lot to show for it.

I wrote four days out of seven for about 4500 words.  Then I got derailed by some kind of weird ass 24 hour cold. Excuses, excuses, I know.  I'm this close to hitting 20K on Cinder Ugly, so maybe next week I can claim that accomplishment.  I also got a minimal amount of editing done on Ugly and the Beast.

I did read a bunch.  I'm 5 books ahead on my goal  I'll need that later, I'm sure.  I also hit the thrift store and got some new paperbacks.  Yay.

Then I made a to-die-for coffee cake.  It's basically cake mix made with less oil and one more egg, and it has streusel in the middle and on top.  Wicked stuff.  (Recipe below.)

Yesterday, I got tripped up by a stomach thing and accomplished doodle.  I swear, it was a week for crap.  Well, bring it on and get it out of the way already.  I've got work to do.

Other than that, work stuffs and lazing around.  Here's to a better Week 5.  What were you up to last week?


To Die For Coffee Cake

Cake:
1 pkg Butter Pecan cake mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Topping:
1/2 cup butter (very cold and diced)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x13" can pan with non-stick spray. Make cake batter according to directions on box, but using the above measurements instead of theirs. Combine streusel ingredients using a pastry blender until they're crumbly. Spread half the cake batter in the pan. Sprinkle half the streusel mixture over the top. Dollop the remainder of the cake batter over the streusel, getting it about as even as you can. Sprinkle the remainder of the streusel over the batter, again getting it about as evenly distributed as you can. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry.

    There was a week. It lasted 7 days. I did stuff. Not much that is notable. Writing? Remind me again about possibilities? Okay, I did get sidetracked and got insight to a new character. That counts, right?

    I need a nap. That was my motto all week because being awake at 4 a.m. totally throws off the biorhythms.

    This week has new possibilities. I shall embrace them. No. Really. I need to go cut and wash my hair. That's always fun.

    Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 4500 new words! Hugs on the cold and tummy bug. No fun.

    That coffee cake sounds so yummy! Hmmm, my stomach is growling now. Dinner time!

    This week was about like last week. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete