Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 1/25/20

Hello again!  Fancy seeing you here.

Well, it was an interesting week for acquiring books.  I got 4 new ebooks and 4 hardcopies at the thrift store.  Woohoo.  So, for ebooks, I have that one medical thriller left from last week and a mystery, an UF, a romance, and a paranormal romance from this week.  The hardcopies I bought were a SF, a mystery, a romance, and a crime novel.  Unfortunately, I already had a copy of the crime novel.  Dang it.  I'll take whichever copy is less attractive and donate it to St. Vinny's.

Books Read:

8) Jeopardy in January by Camilla Chafer (1/19/20) - Mystery* - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  Free from the Book Doggy newsletter.
Review: "Enjoyable little mystery and the romantic angle was nice, too."

7) Demonic Indemnity by Craig McLay (1/18/20) - UF*# - 4 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the Reading Deals newsletter.
Review: "Fun book with an interesting premise and great characters. A bit heavy on the description side for my tastes, but that's me."

DNFs: None

Currently reading... I'm halfway through a paranormal suspense with angels (regular and fallen) and murders and cops and junk with a romance trope popping up in the middle of it.  After I finished that mystery on Sunday, I hit the reading skids where I just didn't feel like picking up a book - not because of the mystery, I just didn't feel like reading.  I got back at it on like Wednesday, though.  

And that's it for me.  What was your reading week like?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in the listening marathon of Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series. They definitely aren't underappreciated and all of them have been 4 stars for me. I'm ahead in my GR challenge by 4 books. I did seven books this week, but some of them were shorter--only 5 or 6 hours listening time.

    11 - Lone Wolf
    12 - Mate Claimed
    13 - Perfect Mate
    14 - Tiger Magic
    15 - Feral Heat
    16 - Wild Wolf
    17 - Bear Attraction

    I'm currently listening to Mate Bond, with about 5 hours to go so will likely finish it off today and then it's on to the next in series.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete