Saturday, July 21, 2018

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 7/21/18

Hey all.  Kind of a short post today.  I only read one book last week.


46) Term Limits by Vince Flynn (7/15/18) - Political Thriller - 5 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated. 
Review: "Goodreads is telling me this is the second time I've read this, but I seriously don't remember reading it. I sure didn't remember any of it as I was reading it this time, and it's a freakin' memorable book. I love Vince Flynn. And even though this isn't a Mitch Rapp, it is awesome."  
As a side note, I really wish Vince hadn't died.  Too talented to die so young.  =o(

The reason I only read one book last week was massive editing on my next book.  But I sent that off to the editor last night and she'll have it for 3 weeks, so I'll have plenty of reading time for a little while.

I'm currently reading Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier.  I've had this book for years but I've never read it.  Oh, I've read plenty of her other books, but not this, her most famous.  Seen the movie umpteen times, though.  I'm hoping to have this one done by the end of the weekend.  Then I've got a couple new books on my Kindle to read.  And I still have scads of old books to read.  

Read anything good lately?  Any new to you authors?

2 comments:

  1. I read Rebecca for the first time* about a month ago. I can't wait to read your take on it.


    * I think for the first time; it seemed familiar, but I suspect other writers have used the same tropes since she made them famous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might've seen the movie with Sir Laurence Olivier as Maxim. Or, yeah, a lot of other books have similar themes.

      Oh, and I posted my review at Goodreads since I just finished it. It'll appear also in next week's reading wrap-up.

      Delete