Saturday, July 7, 2018

Saturday Reading Wrap-up 07/07/18

Hello again. 

I didn't read as many books this week, but the two I did read weren't fast reads.  And as of last night, I was halfway through another book that's not quick.

38) The Shadow of the Lynx by Victoria Holt (7/4/18) - Historical Romantic Suspense - 4 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.
Review: " Interesting. Kind of a Thornbirds meets Jane Eyre with a little suspense there at the end."

37) Wizard's Child by DJ Salisbury (6/30/18) - Fantasy* - 5 stars - Definitely not new to me, but super underappreciated.
Review: "That was freakin' awesome! These books just keep getting better and better. I inhaled this one. And now, on to the next installment for Viper and his crew. Yay!"

DNF - Perfect Passion by Patricia Lake - I picked this one up at the thrift store because I still have fond memories of the old Harlequin Presents titles.  This one is from 1981, I think.  I started reading it and meh.  The hero comes off as something of an ass.  The heroine comes off as something of a bitch.  I made it to pg 28, but I wasn't interested in reading more.  I know that's how some of these old romances are set up, and they probably would've gotten more likeable, but I've gotta like at least one of the two main characters to devote more precious reading time to a book.  NEXT!

-------------
What I'm reading right now is DJ Salisbury's Magic's Child (the seventh and final book in her Mindbender's Rise series.)  I'll be sad to end this, but she's already got another book out that is in the same world, (and I've already bought it), so it's all good.

As always, I hope you find something good to read in these wrap-ups.  

Have you read anything good recently? 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you for writing it! I finished Magic's Child last night. Blown away. I'll put it on next week's wrap up. Seriously, anyone who's not reading your series should really get on it already. So good.

      Delete