Sunday, January 31, 2010

Now I Remember

Heh, now I remember why I haven't been reading.  Once I get going, that's all I do. 

Okay, mostly all I do.  I did get some critting done yesterday and I also got some good words out this morning, but other than that, nada.  I haven't posted, I haven't finished the critting I said I was going to do today.  I blame the writers.  The stories were too damn good for me to put down. 

Thursday night was Jen Lyon's fault.  Friday Wendy Roberts took the blame.  Of course, I know better with Allison Brennan's books.  She was certain to wipe out my Saturday, but I didn't expect Shannon Butcher to keep me on the couch for most of today.  Evil women... all of them.  For shame, for shame.  And you know something?  I started Ms. Butcher's book instead of my new Rachel Vincent because I thought I was safer that way.  I was sure I could put the damn book down for a couple hours here and there.  But Noooooo.  =op

Okay, now that I finished another book, I really should get something accomplished tonight.  I have part of a chapter sitting next to me that I didn't finish writing this morning because my hands were tired.  Tired?  Waaa.  Stupid fingers.  If only I'd kept writing, I wouldn't have gotten pulled into reading all day.

(And just in case you were concerned that I was serious about calling any of those fine women 'evil', I'm not.  I love them all, even if I don't know them.  Keep writing the way you do, ladies, I'll figure out how to exist and read at the same time.  Maybe.  One of these days. :wink:)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I signed up to read 100 books in 2010, and I just started book nine of the year!

    I feel like I haven't gotten much else accomplished, but I also think that reading makes me a better writer. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't have time to read on the side... but over the summer -winces- I go a little insane when it comes to reading.

    ReplyDelete