Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To-dos

You know the old saying "never put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today"?  Well, I know the saying, but I'm not all that great at following it.  Sooo....  I have a few things that have been put off, and put off, and put off... ad infinitum.  Except one of my goals for the new year is to get caught up with all those things I've been putting off.  (Forgot to mention that one yesterday.  Or maybe I was putting it off.  :smirk:)

One of those things is to audit my bookstore.  I got about a third of the way through it last fall, but then Christmas hit and... well, I have a lot of excuses.  Needless to say, the excuses stop here.  Today, after I got my laundry done, I sat down to slog through the process of matching my database to the books Amazon says I have.  For the most part, we match, but there are about a hundred or so books I think I have but Amazon has no record of.  (Maybe more.  I still have a ways to go.)  To give you a hint about how exciting it all is, about ten minutes in, I almost fell asleep here at the keyboard.

Another thing I've put off is this overflowing pile of receipts.  I keep meaning to sort them as I get them, but then January comes and tax-time looms over the unsorted pile.  Ugh.

And of course, there are all the agent printouts I never entered into my submission database when I was querying last spring.  If I'm going to resume the process, it would probably help to know who's already seen the manuscripts in question, and what their reaction to it was.  Can't have myself sending a query to someone who's already politely declined.  :shudder:

Gack, I'm tired just thinking about it.  But if I take all this one step at a time, I just might make it.  If I disappear, though, send a search party.  I collapsed under the weight of my newfound to-dos.  ;o)

1 comment: