Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekly Update

Well, it's accountabililty time again.  Thinking about it this morning, that's really what these Weekly Update posts are about - accountability.  That and celebration of accomplishments, depending on the week.

This week was punctuated by yesterday's quarterly haul out of town.  On the road by 8am, we reached Borders around 10:30.  (The roads were a little slick, bumping my usual 2 hour drive longer.)  Books, lunch, Target, appointment, Walmart, and home by quarter to five.  As usual, I'm taking today to recover from the drive.  Fighting the roads usually takes its toll, but since the roads were nasty, the toll was higher. (That pic is of this morning.  Yesterday, it looked worse. And I heard farther down the freeway from this camera was a traffic fatality.)

Needless to say, I'm bushed.

Anyway, yesterday's book buying extravaganza was a partial bust.  I can't believe Borders wasn't stocking some of the books I wanted.  They completely pissed me off when they didn't have Allison Brennan's new book.  Thank goodness Walmart had it, or I'd be sitting here steaming.  I did pick up Rachel Vincent's My Soul to Save and the second book in Jim Butcher's Codex Alera at that stop, so my list wasn't totally wasted.  Plus, I found some books I hadn't planned on buying, so the trip wasn't too bad.  (I'll post a list of my new books tomorrow.)

In other news, I did manage to write almost 6000 words this week.  I know that's a pretty good number, but as I said last week, it's subjective.  If I hadn't taken a couple nights off, I could've done more.  "I coulda been a contenda.  I coulda been somebody."  But I tell you what...  I'll stop kicking myself for not doing more and start celebrating what I did accomplish.  So 6K!  Yay!

Oh, and I actually read something yesterday.  True, it wasn't the entire book, but one novella out of three ain't bad.  This could be the start of a renewed reading vigor.  I know it's the start of my 2010 list... better late than never.

So, how was your week?  Read any good books?  Buy anything new recently that you want to chat about?  I picked up the cutest cardigan at Target (pronounced Tarzhay, doncha know) off the clearance rack for $4!

3 comments:

  1. Love Target! You kicked my butt on words this week. I am so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so many more words than me this week. I would have been thrilled with 6,000. Well done.

    I've just started a book my daughter bought me, A Fairytale of New York, and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing a heck of a lot better than I! I've been knee deep in PTO. How do we get involved in these things? Ugh! But, yes I still find time to read b/c it requires no creativity. Congrats on your 6,000 words!

    ReplyDelete