Monday, January 18, 2010

Positive Things

According to Daughter, my posts since the 11th have been total downers.  I didn't realize it, but she's probably right.  The anniversary thing always hits me funny, and then Sunday was the 6th anniversary of the day I started my first book.  Every year I go unpublished bums me out.

Anyway, I'm going to try and be more upbeat this week.  I'm going to try to focus on the positives - which means not thinking about Haiti, or the economy, or... well... just about anything in the news.

Positive Thing One:  My goals for the new year are coming along nicely.  The house is pretty clean, and is staying that way for the most part.  Which means less time spent each day on cleaning.  My word count is rising - slowly, but it is rising.  If I buckle down, I might have this draft done by the end of the month - or Valentines Day at the latest.

Positive Thing Two: I lost three pounds.  I don't think I mentioned that I was back on a diet again, but then again I know I didn't mention gaining 15 pounds since November.  I was a bad bad girl over the holidays this year and my ever-widening ass is paying for it.  So, in honor of my non-resolutions, I made a goal of decreasing my calorie intake and decreasing my activity level.  So far, so good.

Positive Thing Three:  I've managed to cut the most negative person in my life out of it.  No more weekend phone calls, so I no longer cringe when the phone rings.  No more drama from 1500 miles away.  Sweetie, if you're reading this, get help and then we'll talk.  I've helped you all I can, and now you need to find a professional.  (ETA:  I'm not referring to anyone who's ever commented, but to a family member I suspect might be lurking around.)

Positive Thing Four:  I have the most wonderful family a woman could ask for.  I'm still in love with my husband, and he's in love with me.  My daughter is witty and intelligent and mature for her age.  My cat is fat but loveable.  All in all, life's pretty awesome.

And just as addition, I discovered a wicked dessert last night that, while it doesn't help with the diet, sure as hell tastes heavenly.  Chocolate ice cream with cherry pie filling, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.  (Don't worry, I was good and used fat-free sugar-free whipped cream.  LOL)

Anything positive to talk about this morning?  Think of one good thing and leave it in the comments.  I don't have any prize to give you, but you'll feel better for it.  =o)

2 comments:

  1. Now that Christmas is over we can start looking forward to Spring.

    I'm afraid that's as cheerful as I get on a Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You just reminded me I need to work on my goals for 2010!

    ReplyDelete