Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Books Glorious Books

Reading.  I love reading.  In fact, I've loved it since my siblings first taught me how when I was four.  I would spend hours and hours pouring over whatever books I had available - often re-reading the same few until they were falling apart.

Lately, however, I've been off reading.  I can't seem to muster the energy to pick up a book.  I'd like to blame the WIP, but I'm not sure it's 100% at fault.  I could probably blame the blanket, too.  The school schedule can also take its share.

The cause for all this not reading certainly can't be the books.  I have some awesome titles in my dusty TBR pile... 

Strange Brew - an anthology edited by P.N. Elrod that includes some of my favorite authors.
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance
- another anthology, this time edited by Trisha Telep
Immortal Sins  by Amanda Ashley (Okay, so I bought this one because of the cover model's eyes.)
Passion Untamed by Pamela Palmer
Finding the Lost by Shannon Butcher
Sun, Sand, Sex - an anthology I won from Jennifer Lyon (it has a story by her as Jennifer Apodaca)
Dead and Kicking by Wendy Roberts (Book Three of the Ghost Dusters Mysteries, which I also won)

...but I can't muster the drive to read them - not with everything else hanging over my head.

And get this.  Thursday is my quarterly trip into the city.  It's the only time I'm anywhere close to a real bigbox bookstore.  Not buying books would be a worse sin that buying them and not reading them, so I've already got a list working of what I'll be picking up...

Powerless by Matthew Cody
Original Sin
by Allison Brennan (due out today!)
A Bad Day for Sorry by Sophie Littlefield
Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher (Codex Alera Book Two)
My Soul to Save  by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers Book Two)

Right now, it's a short list for Thursday.  Too bad some of the books I'm wanting aren't released yet.  I mean, if I could push this appointment back a couple weeks (which I can't), I would also pick up First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost. Two other books I was disappointed to find aren't out yet are Dreamveil by Lynn Viehl (Book Two in the Kyndred Series) - Due out in July - and Dream Called Time by S.L. Viehl (the last Stardoc :sob:) - Due out in August.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until my next trip or order them online.  I'm just impatient and I do love the experience of being in a physical bookstore. 

Any books you'd like to suggest I pick up while I'm out?  I promise I will get around to reading everything sooner or later - probably when I finish this draft of my WIP. 

What are some books you're impatiently waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. I have so many books waiting to be read that I wouldn't know where to start. Unfortunately, I'm soon going to be studying for an exam, so my books will be reduced to ones on Trust Law. Thrilling, not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait for...

    Kresley Cole's "Pleasure of a Dark Prince"-- Feb 16th

    Melissa Mayhue's "A Highlander's Homecoming"-- TODAY

    and...

    Monica McCarty's "The Chief"-- March 23

    Those are basically the books that I want until April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a hard time reading too! And I have RITA books to judge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much time for reading here at the coral. I'm lucky to get twenty minutes before bed. I'm in the middle of "The Eight" by Katherine Neville. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that your WIP may be keeping you from reading... my reading is keeping me from my WIP!!
    KristinCreative

    ReplyDelete