Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thursday This n That

I'm writing this at a quarter after 11 after having already tried sleeping for two hours and failing miserably.  The hamster wheel in my head is spinning over every mistake I've ever made, and there's a jukebox playing every song I've ever heard.  I got out of bed when it hit Supertramp's Goodbye Stranger.

I couldn't sleep the last two nights either - because I pulled a muscle in back while blow-drying my hair.  You know that muscle behind your shoulder blade?  That's the one.  Well, that's not the problem tonight.  Derp.

My brother had Supertramp's Breakfast in America album.  He's going to be 60 this year.  How the hell did that happen?  

Speaking of which, I'm old enough to be a grandmother.  Not sure how that happened either.  I was at the first Monsters of Rock concert in the Pontiac Silverdome, for petesakes.  I used to headbang and eat anything I wanted!  Now I screw up my back blow-drying my hair and my innards get messed up when I consume too much bread.  Getting old blows. Zero stars, do not recommend.

If you weren't paying attention... like I wasn't... Easter is a week from Sunday.

So, Hubs was talking with a neighbor today.  Apparently, there are druggies using the abandoned farm to do... well, drugs... and they're wandering around through field and forest.  And another neighbor's own big dogs attacked and killer her little dog and bit her when she tried to save it.  Ummm... Yeah.  So, now we must beware of roving addicts and vicious pooches while out and about.  We live like 90 minutes from the nearest city and a half hour from the closest Walmart, but whatever.  The neighbor is a young guy with a wife and a baby, so he's a little worried about them while he's at work.  Hubs told him she could call here day or night if she needs to.  I'm all for it, but it's sad.  We shouldn't have to worry about whether a young mother and her baby will be safe in her own home out here.  

It was super foggy this morning.  On my way to work, I rounded a corner and almost ran over a rabbit.  He just darted right out into the road there.  Lucky for him, his fluffy white tail stood out against the dark ground and I hit the brakes.  Silly wabbit.

Okay, well, I should probably go try to sleep again.  I'll schedule this for an hour and twenty from now, so it'll post at 1 like it always does.  And then I'll drag my butt to out of bed in about 6 hours.  Yay.  I'll definitely need extra coffee in my coffee for this Thursday, lemme tell ya.

What's on your mental plate today?

2 comments:

  1. Well, that there is a lot going on. Ugh. Sorry. Me? I'm hacking, sneezing, sniffling, head-stuffed-ears-plugged crappy and all I want to do is curl around my heating pad and sleep. For like four days now and the future ain't lookin' all that bright.

    That said, it's opening day so it's a good day. Uncle Charlie (Adam Wainwright) sang the National Anthem at Busch. It was all kinds of awesome. I am now going back to bed to watch the last 4 innings. I've been upright as long as I can stand. LOL

    Hang in there and tell the voices to shut up if they can't be prodeuctive. And yeah dogs and druggies are scary things. That said, we get them in the 'burbs too. Ah well. Modern life. Ain't it wunnerful? Later tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the "where does the time go?" quandary. My little sister is a great-grandmother! Mom insists we go from January to December, with no months in between. I'm beginning to believe her.

    I don't walk as much as I used to, but people have been pestering me about safety. I laughed at most of it, but a couple of days ago I saw a pack of dogs wandering about only a couple of miles away. The coyotes and the bobcat don't worry me, but feral dogs do.

    Cleo has decided she wants outside. She wouldn't last half an hour! I'm fighting to keep her away from the door.

    Is chronic fatigue syndrome the same thing as long covid? At any rate, I need a massive pick me up.

    ReplyDelete