Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday Update - Week 9

 Well, here we are again.  Thanks for continuing to stop by even though I am quite possibly the most boring person on the internet right now.

Let's see what I did last week...

I did our taxes.  I wasn't going to actually submit them until April, but I wanted to do them to get an idea of how much money we were going to have to scrape together this year.  Turned out it was nowhere near what we feared it would be, so we just went ahead and finished them.  

The low-salt diet thing?  I think I went too far, so I'll be slowly adding sodium back into my diet.  No major issues, just a 'huh, how about that' kind of thing.  It's all good, baby.  For the record, you actually do need about 1500 mg of sodium a day at least.  It was an interesting experiment, though.  I was unaware how much sodium is in everyday things - like breakfast cereal, for instance.  Oh holy night, that's a lot of salt and it seems like there's more salt in the sugary cereal than in the non-sugary stuff.  Blerg.

I didn't do hardly anything in the activity realm this past week.  I did a smidgen of cleaning and junk like that.  Now that the weather is getting warmer, I really need to start walking regularly again.  Anyway, weight: 160.2.  I've lost 21.2 pounds since I started working.  And 4 pounds since the start of the year.  I'm up about a pound and a half since the last time I did my weight, but I think that previous low weight was due to the salt thing.  I'm back to retaining some water.  Which is okay.

At work, I have switched almost entirely to coffee and water.  No more sodas.  Okay, maybe a soda every now and then.  And hey, coffee and water are free.  Yay.

In case you wondered why I didn't do a Reading Wrap-Up again this week, I'm still reading the same book I was reading before.  Nothing to see here, folks.

My hyacinths are getting ready to bloom. The lilac is covered with tiny leaves.  Spring is a comin', folks.

And that's about it for me.  What's up in your world?


2 comments:

  1. ARGGGHHHHHH! I was just finalizing my comment and my stupid fat fingers managed to make it freaking disappear. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

    Yay for all your good stuff. And you aren't boring. We spring forward next week. Blerg.

    Last week was. I'll cover everything I'd put here in my own update tomorrow. I'm too irked at myself to reconstruct at the moment. I'm going to drink my coffee and sulk now.

    Have a great week! And don't have fumble fingers! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt is a perplexing thing. I think I get enough since I eat 5 olives a day, but I've gone to low/no salt in almost everything else.

    I did Mom's taxes and sent them in, but I haven't done mine because the much-hated TurboTax wants $89 for my sched C, and I can do all of that without them. I resent paying money for crap I don't need or want. I found a link to a free Fed site, but I need to research that.

    My magnolia is trying to bloom (tooooooo windy), and my little patch of snow bells is gorgeous!

    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete