Thursday, March 16, 2023

Thursday This n That

 We have smoke in the air again.  Last I checked, they weren't sure where it was coming from, but it encompasses an area from middle USA across the Gulf to Mexico.  We usually get smoke clouds floating across from California or down from Canada.  WTF?  Is Mexico on fire?  

I found these little packs of imitation crabs legs for a buck a pack.  Crab for lunch.  Yay.

Hubs was reading me a news story about a teacher in Utah who made her students write an essay about how eating bugs was better for the environment because  cows are killing the planet or some such nonsense.  They couldn't write it as an argument against such tripe.  Why does it seem like English class is more often than not a vehicle for indoctrination?  I guess it's the natural choice.  Or as Nathaniel Hawthorne said: "Words -- so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."

I've had to spend some time on the phone this week with the DMV.  Fun fun, I know.  I bet you wish you could be me right now.  One phone call had me 'waiting for a representative to assist me' for like 20 minutes and when I finally got him, he couldn't help me other than to tell me what I needed to do so he could help me.  I tried doing the stuffs only to find I couldn't do the stuffs.  I called again yesterday to find out what I had to do so I could do the stuffs I couldn't do.  On hold only 5 minutes and the gal who got on the phone told me the stuffs I thought couldn't be done had been done, they had all my paperwork in their computers now, and it's pretty much ready to go.  Nothing left to do but a stop in to pick up the tags and pay for them.  (A thing I do not personally have to do, so yay.)  I could've cried with joy.  I asked the gal for her name and the way she said it would've made one think I was about to yell at her.  Poor thing.  I praised the hell out of that gal for all her help, told her she made my day, and wished her a great rest of the week.  I had been prepared for a long, uphill battle and she made it easy.  I love that gal.  Always take extra time to praise people when they've earned it.  

They have the cutest puppies at the rescue right now.  Puppies!  And kitties, too.  We're still not ready for a pet, though.  

Errands after work tonight.  I was going to leave them all for Saturday when I had the thought to do a couple of them after work, to cut down on my Saturday driving time.  I mean, what kind of hothouse flower am I that I can't run errands after work?  Sheesh.  If I do the north stuff today, I only have to drive south on Saturday.  When I do them both in one day, it's like 30 miles north and then 60 miles south and 30 home again.  Yeah, it's still the same distances, but not all at once.  Yay.

I used to do all sorts of stuff after work.  I got out of the habit.  Now that I'm working again, I need to get back into the swing.  Maybe if I teach myself how to do it all again, I can figure out how to write after work, too.  Hmm....

And on that note, I'll let you get back to your lives.  Have a great day, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Indoctrination in schools is a thing. If we had a schooler and couldn't afford private, we'd homeschool.

    In Norway, they want to control the moose population because the moose/meese are worse on carbon emissions that cattle. Really? How about freaking China?!?! Let's control them for chrissakes.

    Interesting that the SVB bank board had only one person with...you know...ACTUAL financial experence. Go woke, go broke.

    Japan, USA, and Puerto Rico are all moving into the semi's (quarters? - I'm not sure--just the next round) of the WCB. Oh, and Cuba. 😝 Pulling for the USA of course but wouldn't be sad if either Japan or Puerto Rico pulled it off. Lars Nootbaar of my Cardinals is playing for Japan. Dad is Dutch, mom is Japanese. And Yadi Molina is the manager for PR.

    It just rained. Didn't last long but whatever we get is something this time of year.

    The Kids are now in Wales for a few days before they bus to Stonehenge and then back to London for their flight home Sunday. Monday will be tough--jet lag for all of them but school and work wait for no one.

    Not much else observed around here. TGIF tomorrow! And yeah, get back in errands after woork shape which will give you more weekend time for fun stuffs. Like...writing. 😉 Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete