Saturday, March 25, 2023

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/25/23

 I did it!  I finished that damn book!

Ahem, anyway, here's my week in reading... such as it is...

No new books.  I might rectify that today.

Books Read:

9) Blind Man's Bluff: The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage by Sontag & Drew (3/24/23) - NF - 4 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  I picked this up for 50c in October of last year from one of the local thrift stores.
Review: "For the most part, this was a pretty interesting account of submarines in the Cold War. I felt like it dragged at the end a little, though."
For the record, this book took me over a month to read.  Ack.

No DNFs.

Currently reading... I grabbed a Phyllis Whitney to rinse my palate after the long slog of NF.

What did you read this past week?


1 comment:

  1. Yay for finishing the sub book! Easier to eat a sub than to read about them. 😉 I'm at 32 books on the year, and am now 1 book behind schedule. It happens. I mostly zipped through the fantasy series (pl.) and then snagged on the new release. Life happened and I'm also, sadly, not quite as invested in this story as I'd like. Ah well. For the record, it's Jennfer Estep, both the Crown of Shards series and now the Gargoyle Queen series. I'm currently on CONQUER THE KINGDOM with is the last book in Gemma and Leo's story. All the previous books (5) were 5 stars and "best books of the year" shelf for me. We'll see how this one turns out.

    Go find a good mystery to read! I've got soccer, baseball, and softball today. Yippee. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete