Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday This n That

Hey, it's still Thursday.  

I actually thought tomorrow was Thursday and I was stopping to set up my post for tomorrow all proud of myself... until I realized that it was already Thursday.  Derp.

Tonight, I was really good and made fish for dinner with a side salad.  About 30 minutes after I ate, I made myself a chicken salad sandwich (on a hot dog bun because that's how I roll, baby) because no way was I going to make it through the night on tilapia and salad.  I am satiated now.  Yay.  On the upside, I don't feel like eating a bowl of ice cream tonight.

I think the eagles have gone, but the exchange is songbirds are arriving and the air is filled with happy.

Another think... I think wrens are building a nest in a work van that hardly anyone ever uses anymore.  I hope it gets driven before the birds lay any eggs.

My neighbor used to leave his mailbox open so he'd know when the mail got delivered.  Wrens decided it would be a perfect place to build a nest and we watched them fly back and forth all day delivering weeds and sticks.  The next day, the neighbor had to clean all that stuff out, which was pretty funny.  Even funnier was that the wrens starting rebuilding almost as soon as his back was turned.  Day after day, they would work on the nest and later, he would take all the material out.  The wrens finally got the hint and left.  The neighbor never did learn to close his mailbox.  One day, a woman moved in with him and she started closing the mailbox. 

I love Amazon.  You can get all sorts of disparate items in one place.  Tonight, I ordered a new bra and a 22-pack of Carnation Instant Breakfast.  I wonder what the person putting that package together is going to think.  ROFL

Carnation Instant Breakfast - chocolate flavored - is perfect in a cup of coffee.  Screw milk.  Dump the packet into the bottom of a large coffee mug and fill it with java.  If you've been here long enough, you may remember it was my beverage of choice years back.  I called it 'Breakfast of Champions'.  I'm going back to drinking it because I don't think I'm getting enough nutrition and by the time lunch rolls around I'm so hungry I could eat my shoes.

By the way, the low-salt diet thing?  Screw that.  I thought I was putting a lot of salt on my food until I actually measured a 1/4 teaspoon of the stuff and dumped it into the palm of my hand.  And thus, I learned that's about how much I put into a pot of water for noodles.  The minuscule amount I shake onto a burger is piddlin'.  And I don't even use straight salt for that.  I use Lowery's which has less sodium than salt anyway.  Piffle.  

I'm hovering around 160 now.  Sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under.  And I'm okay with that.  It's 22 pounds gone since last June.  Hell, it's enough of a weight loss that I needed another new bra, so win-win.

Okay, I think that's enough out of me for one sitting.  What's on your radar today?

1 comment:

  1. I obviously missed this last night. Ah, birds. What can you say? And some guys are as clueless as birds can be.

    We did fish and chips for dinner last night. Sadly, I didn't realize we were out of malt vinegar so I had to settle for red cocktail sauce. LG likes tartar sauce so it was all good.

    World Baseball Classic has started! There have been upsets! And the games are being played in Taiwan and Tokoyo so late nights/early mornings. Awesome to sleep to. LOLOL I'm rooting for the underdog Czech team. They have two college players and one former MLB player on their team. All the rest of them have real jobs. Their manager is a neurosurgeon. They're on Fox Sports 1 and 2 and Tubi, which is a free streaming service you can get on computer or smart TV.

    Got a little writing done this week. Sadly, it was on the Mafia book, not CROSSFIRE. 🙄 I need to stay off the computer today for the most part. I strained my eyes doing close stuff yesterday. Today, I need to focus on farsight.

    Relistening to a series because new release. Jennifer Estep's Crown of Shards/Gargoyle Queen trilogies. Awesome fantasy. Very different magical system.

    Not much else going on in my world. Have a great weekend. Try to go fishing tomorrow! Supposed to hit almost 80 here before another cold front comes through late afternoon. Today? We'll be lucky to hit 55.

    ReplyDelete