Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday Update - Week 11

 At least I think it's Week 11... it all blurs together after a while.  

Nothing much happened this week.  I worked.  I did errands.  Last weekend's urge to write must've been a fluke.  It didn't happen again.  I'm not stressin'.  I'm grateful for the few I got out.    Yeah, yeah... a real writer doesn't wait for the words to come.  BICHOK* and all that.  

Speaking of writerly work, I let D2D upload my books to Smashwords and something called Palace Marketplace.  We'll see if anyone bites.  Since I had new venues, I got into my spreadsheet and started to add the links to those markets on my Links page.  That's when I discovered something intriguing.  Hoopla has blocked several of my books.  No notice. No reasons. It just says 'blocked' at the bottom of the list of markets and has Hoopla's logo under there. So, if you're on Hoopla and looking for certain books of mine, you're SOL**.  The books not on there are: Blink of an I, the entire SCIU series - Dying Embers, Fertile Ground, and Early Grave, and finally Wish Hits the Fan.  The last one confuses me greatly because it's blocked but none of the other genie books are blocked.  And none of the Model Curse books, which are way more R-rated in terms of swearing.  I haven't contacted D2D or anything.  I'm not sure I really care.  But if Hoopla is going to be that way, I may just pull the rest of my books off of it.  I mean, a venue that distributes to libraries blocking books of any sort seems a little suspect.  :shrug:

In other news, the package I was waiting for from Amazon got destroyed in transit.  And now I'm waiting for 'Zon to give me a refund, which they say they will do when the package gets back to them. Derp.  It was only a new bra and a 22-pack of instant breakfasts, but $27 is $27 and it's mine.  And I don't want to reorder until I have my money back.  I do have to reorder... I can't find chocolate instant breakfasts locally.  WTF?  I bought vanilla, but it's not the same.  As for the bra, I can limp along for a while longer with the ones I have.  Unfortunately, losing weight has necessitated purchasing such things.  

I haven't lost any more weight, btw.  I'm still at 160.2, but things are still getting looser.  So, my two favorite bras, which were tight a year ago and then fit perfectly, are now not fitting quite right and soon will not do the job they were hired for.  This is also happening to my underwear and my pants.  I can get pants at the thrift store, but underthings have to be new.  HAVE TO BE NEW.  (Even if the local thrift store does sell used brassieres.  They may even sell used panties, but I'm afraid to look.  Ew.) 

I haven't done any baking.  Hubs is teaching himself to do my baking while I work.  He made his own granola bars this week.  Go Hubs.  He threatened to make his own zucchini bread.  I may let him.  Then again, I may get a wild hair and make them today.  We'll see. 

Don't ask about reading.  

And I think that's it for the updates this week.  If you have a burning desire to find out about anything else going on with me, ask.  How was your week?

* For the uninitiated Butt In Chair, Hands On Keyboard.
** Shit outta luck

2 comments:

  1. Well, that was interesting. After reading your first paragraph, I jumped over to D2D and checked a few of my books. I have some STILL pending with Hoopla, most accepted, but some blocked--even in the same series as some accepted. I've emailed D2D to find out if they know the criteria used so we can avoid future blockage. I'll let you know their response.

    I'm tired of the cold.

    USA pulled out a squeeker (squeaker? Brain is not spelling today!) last night against undefeated Venezuela. Trea Turner hit a grand salami to put them two up and our pitching held on to shut Venezuela down in the bottom of the 8th and 9th. They take on Cuba tonight. USA! USA! USA! (Sadly, Mexico beat Puerto Rico. 😥

    The Kids arrive tonight, hopefully before midnight. They had a two-hour delay taking off from London this morning. They should hit Dallas about 6, then have to get bags and clear customs before the 4-hour bus ride home. We'll meet them at the school to ferry them home-home.

    My Cowgirls play at noon. On ESPN+. Yay!

    I finished the book yesterday, but slow starting on the next one.

    I should try to write this morning but my eyes are being wonky. my borrowed readers sometimes work and sometimes don't. 🙄 I go back tomorrow, hopefully to get a prescription for glasse.

    I've been a slug this weekend. Softball and baseball and book listening.

    Okay, off to finish blog roll, check for new emails, and get my reward points on Bing by checking their news feed. Enjoy your day! And have a good week. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest oops in my life is that my blog reader doesn't work anymore. It's not officially dead, but it's not updating, either. I found you through the backdoor. ;-)

    My magnolias and snow bells have bloomed, and everything else is leafing out. Yay!

    Now I just need a bit more energy. There's a bunch of stuff I need to get done!

    ReplyDelete