Thursday, March 2, 2023

Thursday This n That

I've been screwing around in my moments of spare time, listening to music on YouTube.  I like doing that because I can load specific songs or just click videos along the side of whatever video I've got queued up.  This morning, I was listening to old Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians songs.  I used to have their tape - Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars.  I'd totally forgotten this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJOAz7zdKKo - cool.

Some of this music thing came up because of one of those FB things where they ask you to list your favorites of some specific thing.  This one was 'list 10 songs that make you think of a particular point in time and take you right back there' and you're not supposed to think too hard about it.  I did mine.  I told Hubs about it, so he shared some of his with me and I searched them on YouTube and we listened together.  Anyway, here are mine:
1) September by Earth, Wind, & Fire
2) Yeah Yeah Yeah by Judson Spence
3) You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
4) The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanics
5) Push it by Salt n Pepa
6) Let's Go Crazy by Prince
7) Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver
8. If You Could Only See by Tonic
9) Chances Are by Johnny Mathis
10) No One is to Blame by Howard Jones
I could've done 20.  Music has always been a central part of my existence.  (Yes, there are a lot of '80s songs in there. What of it?)

Illness is sweeping through the office again.  I will NOT get it this time.  I refuse to.  So there.

The wind storm we had the other night toppled a tree across the road leading out of our neighborhood.  Lucky for me, someone else had to leave for work before I did and they must've had a chainsaw because it was passable when I got to it. And it was gone entirely by the time I came home.  Thank you, whoever you were.

I saw a bunny!  First one of the year.  For some reason, we only see bunnies in the Spring and Summer.  (Not baby bunnies.  There's a reason we only see babies in those seasons. LOL)

Okay, I probably should go get ready for work.  And remember to try and keep a positive attitude today, no matter what shit life throws your way.  =o)


1 comment:

  1. Ugh on the sweeping sickness. Stay strong B.E.'s immune system! Weather keeps saying we had an F1 here. Uhm...where? It didn't hit within the city limits but did come close. Ah well. Mother Nature needs rehab! Bunnies! Yay. And good neighbors are the best.

    Good report yesterday. Pressure way down, healing progressing, vision improving. Had a good b-day. Did little beyond the MD appointment.

    Interesting on the music. 10 huh?
    1. I'm a Believer - The Monkees
    2. Paint It Black - Rolling Stones
    3. I Am, I Said - Neil Diamond
    4. If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
    5. The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel and Disturbed (2 different versions, different life times, same song)
    6. Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks
    7. Standing Outside the Fire - Garth Brooks
    8. In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins/Genesis
    9. The Look - Roxette
    10. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

    And yeah, I'm sure there's a bunch more but you said 10 and the first that came to mind, so there ya go. Not much else in my world. Not much bookish stuff--listening or writing. I'm gonna be lazy until Monday. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

    TGIF tomorrow and have a great weekend! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete