Monday, July 18, 2022

Sunday Update - A Day Late and a Brain Cell Short

I totally derped out over the day of the week yesterday.  Thus, no Sunday Update on Sunday.  And I'm running slow this morning.  Good thing I don't have to be to work until 9, eh?  Plenty of time to get all my brain cells rowing in the same direction.  With the help of coffee, of course.  

So, I worked all week.  And I still haven't found the groove of being able to work all day and then write at night.  It's more like 'come home, make dinner, vegetate, sleep'.  And let's not even talk about the weekends.  I'll get there.  Right now, I have to focus my energies where they're needed the most.  Needless to say, nothing happened all week worth talking about.  And I won't talk about work, so there's that.  

On the weekend, I read a lot, watched a boatload of TV, and vegged.  It's too hot to do much of anything else.  My activity level is for shit these days.  Oh, I did get some calories burned at work.  Boxes of stuffs needed moving from here to there.  And then stuffs had to get moved from inside the boxes onto shelves.  So I wasn't a total slug.  But yeah, a whole lot of the rest of the time was sitting.  I lost another pound, though.  Weight: 175.4

I did some baking over the weekend, too.  Saturday, I made what I'm calling 'zucchini bake' wherein I layered sliced zukes with a burger, rice, and tomato soup mixture, covered it all with cheese and threw it in the oven until it was bubbling.  Yesterday, I made cake cookies.  

As near as we can figure, we have 7 fawns this year.  5 plus Lumpy's twins.  Speaking of Lumpy and her twins, I was headed for work the other morning when I came around the first curve and almost ran them over.  It was shady right there and the sun was coming at a slant right into my eyes.  Luckily, I thought I saw movement and stopped.  I did a slow roll forward until I could see and there was Lumpy on the left side of the road.  Suddenly, her twins shot out from the right and ran right in front of my car.  If I hadn't stopped and rolled, I would've hit them both.  I scolded Lumpy as I rolled past.  She's lucky it was me and not one of the speed demons who live around here.  I would've had a serious sad if I'd hit those babies.  

Okay, well, I suppose I should go get a shower before I have to call Michigan and get that part of my day started.  Have a great rest of the week.

How are things going in your world?

1 comment:

  1. It's hot. My weekend was filled with being in the hot. And a nap. Some baseball. Some soccer (live because...Stormy). Yesterday was...blah. Nothing happened. I vegged. I shouldn't have but I did. I need to stop vegging. Tomorrow. I stop vegging tomorrow. I've been awake since 3:20 a.m. and there's no coffee strong enough, even in copious amounts, to make my brain work or my eyes to stop drooping. Nap is forecasted for afternoon.

    As a result, I left the house at 7:10 to hit Wallyworld. I got through pretty fast but they were completely out of heads of iceberg lettuce. Go figure. They've also either stopped carrying or can't get Limitless brand or Bubbly brand canned waters, which are LG's preference. Not sure why. Also, my Pepsi Zero is in short supply. Crazy. I wonder how many people, like me, switched from Coke to Pepsi over certain political proclivities...

    That's my world. Someone is welcome to it. I'm ready for lunch and a nap. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete