Saturday, July 9, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 7/5/22

Sorry I missed posting last week, but things happen...

Since my last Wrap-Up, I picked up three new ebooks - suspense, paranormal mystery, and historical paranormal mystery.  The suspense is a sequel to a book I enjoyed and I'm reading it now.  The historical PM is the 1st book in the series for Dead Ringer (a 5th book I read without realizing it was fifth).  And the paranormal mystery was recommended by a friend on FB.

Books Read:

36) Dead Ringer by Kat Ross (7/3/22) - Paranormal Historical Mystery*5# - new to me and underappreciated, but probably because it's the 5th in the series.  Free off the Book Gorilla newsletter. 
Review: "I loved this book! I loved Harry and John and Moran and Myrtle. I loved the premise behind it all. I loved the mystery angle and the whodunnit. All around awesome stuff. I admit, I wasn't paying attention when I bought this book, so I had no clue it was the fifth in a series until I marked this as 'currently reading' here on Goodreads. No matter. It reads fine without reading any of the previous books. Now, though, I'm going to have to go back and get the others. Yay."

35) Murder on a Silver Sea by LouLou Harrington (6/26/22) - Cozy Mystery*3 - neither new to me nor underappreciated.  But it's the third book in a series I've enjoyed, so I snagged it when I saw from the author's post on FB that it was free. 
Review: "Another fine installment of the series with all the favorite characters. Loads of twists and turns. Plus a cute, little doggy. And the added bonus of an exotic (to Jesse) location. Fun all the way around."
Looks like the whole series is available in audio.

DNFs:

7/5/22 - free - steampunk.  The last thing I need is to be lectured in a snotty tone.  Too bad, because I was kind of enjoying the story until then.  

Currently reading... like I said, I'm reading a sequel to a suspense novel I'd enjoyed earlier this year.  It's a British suspense.  Right now, the storytelling is pretty good, but it's starting to get a little eco-freak, so I may not finish it.  As i said in this week's DNF, I don't need to be lectured.  Tyvm.

What was on your reading list this week?  Or last week?  Or whatever you want to talk about pertaining to reading.  

1 comment:

  1. I had a decent listening week, 3 books, 2 of them anthologies. I've finished 87 of my 150 goal. I "finished" the first arc of Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series but holding off on the second arc re-listen because the new book has been delayed a month. That was a bummer. Luckily, ne book in a spin-off series by another author releases Tuesday. I'd already re-listened to her two interconnected series this year but backtracked to re-listen to the last three books because they set up the characters and shifter breed in the spin off. Then there are two books in it to catch up on before the 3rd comes out. That should keep me entertained for the week. I'm not going to list all the books by titles. I highly recommend the Singh series for anyone who enjoys paranormal, futuristic/althernate history romances. She's an amazing worldbuilder and storyteller. The Suzanne Wright series are waaaay on the sexy side but her quirky characters make me laugh, though they are all "shelved" on my dark-and-dirty Goodreads shelf.

    Sorry I got distracted/interrupted yesterday. I thought the soccer match was at 10:30, then was told it was at 9:30 and we needed to leave before 9. It was 8:30 and I was still in jammies. Yikes! Anyway, off to shower, which I skipped yesterday because--late! And then off to give blood in a bit. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete