Thursday, July 14, 2022

Thursday This n That

It's been a busy week so it's kinda hard for me to believe it's already Thursday.  

I overdid it yesterday, so I'm moving slow today.  On the upside, I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept like a rock until 2 when I had to pee and then I finally got up at 4:30.  Believe it or not, that's the best night's sleep I've had in ages.

Yesterday, Hubs saw 5 fawns in the yard at the same time.  He thinks it was Lumpy's twins, another set of twins, and a single.  Yay.  

Oh, I did get a pic of Lumpy's kids.  It's not a great photo, but here it is:

A couple of days ago at work, while I was outside smoking, I found a Giant Leopard Moth caterpillar in the carport.  I brushed it onto a piece of wood with a little stick (because some fuzzy caterpillars have hairs that can irritate your skin) and put it in a safer spot, so it wouldn't get run over.  The next time I went outside, it was gone.  Off ya go, furry dude.  Yeah, moths continue to creep me out, but they still don't deserve to get smushed.

So, anyway, work is going well.  I'm busy all the time, which is good because I hate being bored at work.  There are still a few things I have to learn, but I'm getting there.  I was told yesterday that once I learn those things, they'll add a few more things to my job duties.  I don't remember everything they said, but they gave me a list.  I think I might need more hours in my days, LOL.  In reality, I just need to work more efficiently, so I can fit everything in.  

Which reminds me, I saw a meme this morning that showed a beautiful big cup of coffee and said "You can do it! - Coffee"  Reminding me that with coffee all things are possible.  ;o)

Speaking of which... I need more coffee.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Moths are cool, except for the invasion vareities that cause havoc. But yeah, I tend to move bugs too.

    Speaking off, heading to the Kids's house the other day, we stopped for a car parked in the middle of the street while the lady driving it jumped out, grabbed something in the road and moved it to the grass. It was a turtle. LG rolled down the window and complimented her. None of the cars honked. Yay for wildlife good samaritans.

    Drover is up north again. Long story. LG was working on Only's 'Stang while they were out of town. The part for the mirror didn't come when expected and the guy doing the door panels ran into some probs so we took Drover up to them last night since she has work today and Baseball Boy and Stormy had something scheduled. Not a big deal. I'm not going anywhere. Too blasted hot.

    FB "pages" has changed again. I hate it. Have I mentioned how much I hate "Meta"?

    Have I mentioned it's hot?

    Big fire a mile southest of us. I don't miss the smell of burning buildings and due to the heat inversion and very little wind, the smoke is just hanging in the air. It was so big that the local weather radar picked up the smoke plume.

    Okay, I need more coffee too. And then I need to do something. I'm not sure what but...something. TGIF tomorrow! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a yard full of fawns!

    I move caterpillars, too. I rather like moths, but with Cleo around I don't see any. The poor little geckos don't last long, either. I've stopped worrying about scorpions (except on the ceiling - shudder!) or mice.

    Mmmm. Coffee. I'm drinking a mug of stout English Breakfast Tea, but I may break down and replace my dead coffee maker.

    ReplyDelete