Sunday, January 16, 2022

Sunday Update - 2022 Week 2

Here we are with the second week of 2022 ended and dare I say it?  Things might be looking up*.

In my own little world, nothing happened of national importance but there were a few things of personal note...

Fifty pages got edited and I'm now within 80 pages of being done with this round.  Can I do 80 pages this week? Tune in next Sunday to find out.  Once this is done, I'll have to do another round of edits to make sure everything I did this time makes sense and to clean up any lingering typos.  Then maybe it'll be ready to send to readers.  I may take a break from this and do some writing of new words.  Go back to Duke or Dennis or SCIU for a change.  We'll see.

I uploaded Fertile Ground and Early Grave to D2D yesterday afternoon.  EG is already hitting some other outlets.  We'll see how that goes.  Most of the other books are available at everywhere but Hoopla (they take forever).  DE and RHI are still waiting on a couple, but not any of the major ones, so have at it.

As for reading, I finished three books and DNF'd a couple others before the wrap-up went live.  Then I DNF'd two books yesterday.  Blerg.  But I downloaded a bunch of yesterday, too, so I have plenty to keep me busy.  You'll hear about all that on Saturday.

In baking news, I did honey corn bread - this time upping the honey and the sugar to 1/3 cup instead of 1/4 cup.  Yummers.  As for other cooking, I made a vat of chili and a stroganoff fail where I dumped the uncooked rice right into the beef/sauce mixture in the crockpot and left it to cook.  It ended up as mush with crunchy bits.  I know better, but I was being lazy.  I'd say lesson learned, but I've done it before and I'll probably do it again... in a couple years after the taint of this has left my brain.

On the activity front, I did something every day last week.  Woods work and log work mostly.  Then yesterday it was dealing with the snow.  I haven't weighed myself since the 5th, so I'm not going to bother dropping a weight here right now.  Maybe later.

Speaking of snow, around dark last night we had about 4 inches worth of yucky, dense, wet white stuff.  Mid-afternoon, Hubs and I were out knocking it off the cedars as far up as we could reach on the big trees and off all of the smaller trees.  It was still snowing then, so we'll see if my little cedars are laying on the ground this morning and whether any of the big cedars lost limbs higher up.  =o\

Also, speaking of woods work, I discovered a hack.  The nozzle on my can of WD-40 broke, and when I zipped over to the Dollar General, they didn't have any.  I bought some Goo-Gone to clean the blades, but I still needed something to act as a lubricant.  So I bought a cheapy can of non-stick cooking spray (NSCS).  It worked like a charm.  Every time the blade started to choke up in the wood, I sprayed it and it went back to zooming through the wood.  Afterwards, I duck-ducked whether substituting non-stick for WD-40 was a thing and IT WAS.  I'm so cool.  Then the fridge door started squeaking, so I zapped it with NSCS, too.  No more squeak.  Also yay.

And that's about it.  I can't think of anything else, so I guess I'll just wander off in search of more coffee.  Have a great day, everyone.  And drop a comment to tell me how your Week 2 went.

* The Supreme Court decision against mandates and the newly-elected people in VA doing their jobs.  Yay.  They're little spots of hope.

2 comments:

  1. *Those are spots of hope! Yay for hacks, cooking, and edits. You're on a roll there. Surprisingly, cedars are fairly resistant, even with drooping branches. They tend to spring back after things warm up.

    Operation Declutter continues. I made progress and then things sort of stalled. Maybe more today and this week.

    Writing was hit or miss, mostly miss. I wrote a huge, important scene that's so flat I just want to print it out so I can rip it up into little pieces and flush it down the toilet. I'll try something different today. Maybe. My brain just backs away from it.

    Reading was also hit and miss. I really need to find a book that grabs me and won't let go. Haven't found it yet. Maybe with some of the new stuff coming up in the next few months.

    My week, basically, was boring. That's okay. Oh! I did give blood yesterday and set a new personal best--5 1/2 minutes to fill the bag. I have good blood according to the 🧛🏼‍♀️🧛🏼‍♂️🦇. 🤣 In a week or so, I'll get my test results back--A1C level, cholesterol, and Covid antibodies. They've changed that test so that it shows if you have antibodies from having it and/or from the jabs. I'm curious about that one. Anyway, that led to a marathon nap yesterday.

    On that note, more coffee, and finishing off my email stuffs. Here's to a productive week for all of us! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for editing!
    Honey corn bread sounds sooooo good.
    I'm on the edge of hermit mode, so I'm crawling back into my cave.

    ReplyDelete