Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2021 Wrap-up & Hopes for 2022

Well, for all my hopes at this time last year, 2021 didn't turn out at all like I wanted.  Most of the year is a blur.  From what I can cobble together out of my various spreadsheets, here are some notables...

I did something writerly 157 days, so about 43% of the year.  But I only got one book published - Rumor Has It.  I did finish writing that fantasy novel all the way through to THE END, so I've got that going for me.

I'll do a reading wrap-up for the year on another day, but suffice it to say, I read 70 books which was 5 books short of my goal.  

I baked or did some special kind of food on 98 days - some days more than one food, but I only counted the days.

On the activity front, I did something active on 220 of those days.  And overall, my weight ended up 6/10ths of a pound higher at 182.2.  The lowest I was at was 178.2, but the highest I was at was 187.8, so it's all good, baby.

I had planned to walk 100 miles this year.  That didn't happen.  I only made it 45.25 miles walking.  But I finally started using our exercise bike and made 46.6 miles on that.  Then I got wrapped up in helping a friend move and both the walking and the biking went off the rails.  I hope to get back to both of those this year.  But I'm not setting a number for either one.  What happens will happen.

Another notable is that Hubs and I finally acquired that piece of land, which was something we've been working toward for a couple years now.  We're hoping to get it staked out sometime this month.  The property pins are in place, though.  We just want to have markers along the line so anyone traipsing around back there knows its OURS.

Every human I care about is still alive.  And well, as far as I know.  :knock on wood:  My oldest nephew and his family had the 'rona, and they got over it.  Hubs' older brother and that brother's son had the Delta variant and while they felt like crap, they got over it.  Hubs and I are still going strong.

Unfortunately, we had to put Kira down this past January 25th.  She was 17 and a half, which is like super old for a cat, and we knew it was coming eventually, but it was still hard for both of us.  No new pets were acquired nor will there be in the near future for us.

Looking ahead, I don't have goals.  Last year kicked my ass and almost every plan I put in place failed.  So, this year, I have only hopes.  I hope to get back down to like 175lbs.  I hope to publish this Untitled Fantasy.  And maybe write one or two more books.  I'd like to see my sales go up, but I talked about that yesterday at Outside the Box.  

All things being equal, I guess I can't complain.  Well, I can, but who'd listen?  LOL  Nobody likes a whiner anyway.  I'm alive.  I'm free.  Nothing hurts any worse than it usually does.  I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge and the furnace works fine.  Life is good.  Not great, but good.  And these days, that's saying something.

Hang in there, folks.  This is the start of a brand new year and there's always hope.  :HUGS:

How was your 2021?  Anything you're looking forward to in 2022?  


2 comments:

  1. I admire your spreadsheets. The best I can do is keep a garden journal.

    Oddly enough 2021 was not as productive as 2020, when I had my game face on and worked diligently on the house and land. I gained weight in 2021 probably due to restaurants reopening and me getting tired of cooking all the time.

    I'm hoping 2022 will be more balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, we are in accord. This no longer surprises me. LOL 2020 and 2021 kicked my @$$ and I let the depression get the best of me. I finally starting yanking myself out of the mire towards the end of the year and I actually looked forward to the holidays. Thanksgiving was good, Christmas was on track, and then Baseball Boy tested positive, followed after Christmas by Stormy. Only, the last I heard is still negative. Both "boys" had mild cases, both were vaxxed. We still managed to have a good Christmas despite the last-minutes changes in plans. We adapted.

    That was almost my word for the new year: Adapt. Instead, I decided to be proactive rather than reactive. My word is BALANCE. I'm hoping that will keep me motivated, on track, and upbeat.

    I wrote and published one book last year, though I'm about half-way through a second. Gotta do better there--find more balance. All my self--pubs are going wide. I have five to go live this month and then I'm done with that.

    I'm working on being more positive this year. So far, so good. I've got your back. You've got mine. We're good. 🥰

    ReplyDelete