Saturday, January 29, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 1/29/22

It was a slow reading week - mainly because I was too wrapped up in my own book to read other people's books.  Don't expect a lot from me next week either.

I did pick up two new ebooks.  An ecopy of The Three Musketeers (because, oddly enough, I don't have one) and a suspense.  I still have 6 other ebooks from the week before.  Once I'm done with this edit pass, I'll be back to reading ebooks again.  And I might just grab a paperback to help wash my brain while I'm editing this.

Books Read:

9) Once Upon a Crime by Mona Marple (1/23/22) - Cozy Mystery* - New to me but not underappreciated. Free off the Reading Deals newsletter.
Review: "Cute little mystery."

8) Faking It with the Demon by Rhiannon Hartley (1/22/22) - Paranormal Romance*# - New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the Freebooksy newsletter.
Review: "What a cute little story! So much fun! I loved Zoe and Ryan. And Misty, of course. And Wade, too. Such a neat premise and I really enjoyed the author's take on Hell."

No DNFS.

Currently reading... my fantasy novel.  Which now has a title.  To be announced on Monday. =op

What have you been reading lately?

1 comment:

  1. ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The tab closed and my comment hadn't been saved. Okay. Starting over. *headdesk*

    I'm at 10 books, one behind. Here's the list.

    10. Naked in Death (In Death/Eve Dallas #1), JD Robb. 5 stars. Futuristic/SciFi/Crime/Romance. Chicken soup book. New one in series coming soon so a relisten of some faves before that happens.

    9. Hunter of Her Heart (Wolfe Creek, #2), Kaylie Newell, 4 stars. Paranormal romance. Predictable but the author still has a lyrical style that is appealing. Free to listen with my Audible membership. Newish to me author and slightly underappreciated.

    8. Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5), Ilona Andrews, 5 stars. Paranormal/SciFi Romance. Magic, sentient B&Bs, magical innkeepers, space aliens (including vampires), and a hunky werewolf of alien stock. Not sure why I was so resistent to this series from favorite authors. Enjoyed the ride and hope there's more.

    7. Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4), Ilona Andrews, 5 stars, P/SF R. This one focuses on the MC's sister, who left Earth to marry a vampire. This is what happens after the events of book 3. Lots of sword-play and politics and a heroine who will go to the wall for her child and the vampire who will do the same.

    6. One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3), Ilona Andrews, 5 stars, P/SF R. Dina is still trying to get her footing back after the events in book 2. Then she gets an SOS from her long-gone sister. Mounting a rescue, her faithful werewolf and the vampire who wants to "know" her better. Until he meets her sister. LOLOL

    Currently listening to GLORY IN DEATH (ID/ED #2). Also probably going to grab a "supernatural mystery/thriller" from the Audible Daily Deal. It's $2.95 for the audio and $.99 for the Kindle. DARK NIGHT by Ambrose Ibsen (totally new to me). A PI, ghosts, and a woman in distress. You might want to check it out: https://smile.amazon.com/Deep-Night-Detective-Harlan-Ulrich-ebook/dp/B07RNDH1DP

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete