Saturday, June 5, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 6/5/21

Sorry I'm late.  It's been a morning.  Anyway, here are the reading things for the past week...

I only got one new ebook and it was the book I beta read last week which I am now reading again.  No new hardcopies.

Books Read:

38) A Vow of Silence by Veronica Black (6/1/21) - Mystery* - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated.  Free off the Reading Deals newsletter.
Review: "
Very interesting and a totally different setting from what I usually read, which worked for me. I liked the characters. I enjoyed the premise. The plot was enthralling. And the mystery was gripping."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... the paranormal romantic suspense I beta read.  It's so yummy.  I wanted to have it finished by now, but life messes up my plans more often than not.  Look for it on next week's wrap-up.

What was on your reading plate last week?

1 comment:

  1. I've read 82 books toward me 200 GR goal. I caught up a little but still 3 books behind. Formatting does not lend well to listening to books I want to pay attention to. Anyway, still in the Thea Harrison Elder Races marathon listen so I'm just listing titles, ratings, and main characters.

    82 - Night's Honor #7 5 stars: Xavier (Nightkind's vampire spy master) and Tess (human on the run from a bad Djinn).

    81 - Peanut Goes to School #6.7 4 stars: Dragos, Pia, and their white dragon son who is growing way too fast because he's 6 months old and starting 1st grade. Just go with it. It makes sense in the series.

    80 - Pia Saves the Day #6.6 4 star: Dragos has a head injury and resultant amnesia. Pia has to bring him back. Memory holes play a part in subsequent books where he's involved.

    79 - Dragos Takes a Holiday #6.5 3 stars - Easy read, not much meat, involves Elven treasure and the Bermuda Triangle.

    78 - Kinked #6 4 stars: Aryal (harpy Wyr Sentinel) and Quentin (half black panther Wyr, other half is mix of Dark Fae and Elf, new Sentinel) with lots of love/hate and mistrust but they get it worked out. Title is a bit misleading.

    Several were short novellas which is why there's so many books this week. Currently listening to MIDNIGHT'S KISS, involving Nightkind King and Light Fae Princess. I just started it last night so hope to finish this weekend. I'll probably stick with the series if I can get the audio books from the library. There's like 4 more I'm interested in, 3 of which are novellas. We'll see.

    Anyway, happy reading. I'm off to siren test, Mexican food, maybe fan shopping and then feet-up softball, even though my Cowgirls got beat last night. 😢 Hope life lets you enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete