Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 6/26/21

Hello again.  Sorry I'm late, but I didn't set this up like I was supposed to and then I slept in a bit this morning.  Derp.  Anyway, it wasn't exactly a bonza reading week.  I only read one book.  I blame the duds I finished last week with.

I did pick up some new ebooks this week, though.  Urban fantasy, paranormal mystery, romantic suspense, and cozy mystery.  Here's hoping none of those are duds.  We'll see.  

Books read:

43) The Postern of Fate by Agatha Christie (6/23/21) - Mystery - 3 stars.  Not new to me or underappreciated.  I picked this one up a few years back at the thrift store for a dollar, I think.  It was one my mom had on her shelves my whole childhood, so I picked it up out of nostalgia.  And, well, it's a Chirstie.
Review: "
I started this book once before, but couldn't get through it. I thought I'd give it a try again. Not my favorite Agatha Christie. There's a lot of rambling in this one and it wasn't holding my interest. But I forged through and I liked the end. The best part is Hannibal, the dog, though."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... I'm not currently reading anything, which is sad.  I'll pick up something new today.

Despite my poor showing this week, I am still seven books ahead of schedule for the year, so it's not really that big a deal.

What was your reading week like?

1 comment:

  1. I had a decent listening week. I'm at 98 books of my 200 challenge and 2 books ahead of schedule. Only one "new" book, the rest of the 5 are re-listens.

    98 - Ghost (Boston Underworld #3) A. Zavarelli, Contemporary Romance - 4 stars. This book and the others in the series are dark and dirty. Very dark. Very dirty. This one involves a member of the Russian Vory, a very brutal arm of the Russian Mafiya, human trafficking, and the saving of two seemingly irrerapably damaged people. There is an HEA. This author is particularly good at matching damaged souls.

    97 - Reaper (BUW #2) A.Z., ConRom - 4 stars. The hero of this book has a horrific backstory and should be nothing more than a psychotic killer. Instead, he redeemed himself even as a child, though he can't see it.

    96 - Crow (BUW #1) A.Z, ConRom - 4 stars. From LEOs to the Irish mob. LOL I actually started this book a month ago and DNF'd (I've already read it a few times) because my head wasn't there. I picked it up again and now I remember why I'm hooked on this series. What I said above about the other books>

    95 - Breaking Blue: Real Life Stories of Cops Falsely Accused - Sean "Sticks" Larkin, non-fiction crime/law enforcment - 5 stars. It was like sitting down and having coffee with Sticks, of LIVE PD fame. His story is compelling as is the other cases he profiles. He narrates the book so yay! Also, he just retired at a lieultenant. Tulsa PD will miss him!

    94 - Shadow Storm (Shadow Riders #6) Christine Feehan ParaRom (new release) 2 stars - Not new to me, and she's no longer on my auto-buy list. I should have put this one on hold at the library but...The premise of this series has always intrigued me. A "crime" family that can ride shadow tubes and do so to carry out assassinations of people who have escapsed justice. I had hopes for this book--the youngest and only sister. The angsty backstory interferred and then the finale was too pat. If more come out, I'll wait on them from the library.

    Currently listening to SAINT (BUW #4) with a little over 6 hours left. Not sure I'll get it finished today but if I do, there's 2 more books in this series. By then, I should have a hold book or two hit my library account. I 💗 my library!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete