Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Grandpa Was Right to be Worried

In 1936, my German-immigrant grandfather was terrified the Nazis would invade America.  Grandpa Bruno was right to be worried.  He was just 85 years early.  This morning, I read an something about an article in a national medical journal that could've been stripped from the Nazi archives.  Only it replaced Whiteness for Jew in the verbiage.  https://notthebee.com/article/whiteness-is-a-parasitic-condition-that-has-no-permanent-cure-according-to-the-journal-of-the-american-psychoanalytic-association.

That article links to another article which links to the abstract of the 'health journal' article.  Follow the links, read the articles if you think I'm kidding.  

Ten years ago... hell, five years ago... an article like that could've and would've been discounted as being written by a fringe loony.  And it would never have been published anywhere but a fringe loony type publication.  We would've all shaken our heads and laughed at anyone who would've even suggested such a thing.  Now?  It's being elevated to the level of mainstream thinking and being given tacit approval by its publication in a national journal.

There was something on FB this morning about being happier if you don't read the news.  Well, duh.  But closing your eyes and humming isn't going to do anyone any good in the end.  And the end could be horrific if we all turn a blind eye to this crap.  Hell, I'd love to just dump it all and go happily humming down to the lake.  But I can't.  I don't want to open my eyes one day to armed men on my porch ready to march me down to the train station for my free tattoo and all-expenses-paid vacation at one of their camps.

People wonder how the citizens of Germany could've gotten to the point where they were loading Jews onto trains and slating them for eradication.  This is how.  

1 comment:

  1. Effing scary as hell. I do believe that the Great Silent Majority of the 60s and 70s (can you say Boomers?) are still out there. We stay informed. We bite our tongues. Eventually "they" will make a huge misstep--they're getting closer and closer (gee, even some Dems are abandoning ship), and there will be a big swell of moral outrage. It's coming. I'm always reminded of that one meme I have: Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak, & notice more than you realize.

    Hang in there. We aren't alone. *hugs*

    PS. If a Fed. judge says that California's weapons ban is unconstitutional, there's still hope.

    ReplyDelete