Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 9

Nine weeks into 2021: Son of 2020.  You can only whip on someone for so long before they become numb.

Anyway...

The editing is moving along.  Slowly.  I did finish round 1 and start round 2.  Like I said, this current edit pass is being a turd. Eight and a half pages of notes to enter and I'm only about 50% of the way through.  The book will be better for it.  I promise.  But it won't be finished soon.  Blerg.  (I woke up at 2am this morning and started entering notes.  3 pages down.  Woohoo.)

My reading week wasn't all gangbusters.  I only finished one book... because edits of my own book have taken over my brain.  But I'm being good and not reading what I desperately want to read until I finish my peas... as in, eat your damn peas so you can have dessert.

In baking/cooking news, I tried some new recipes this week - chocolate chip muffins, apple bread, and Parmesan-crusted pork chops.  All three of those recipes were good but need tweaking, so I'm not sharing them yet.  I also made granola bars.

On the activity front, I was kinda lazy.  I did do one walk.  And then Hubs and I did the windows in the sunroom, which kind of shut out further activity for me for several days.  Ugh.  Then Hubs and I did yard work yesterday.  Let's not talk about weight this week, eh?

Oh, and I went to Wallyworld, which counts as activity... trust me.  On the way to Wallyworld, I stopped at the feed store and got into a conversation with a semi-new resident of the area.  A self-proclaimed refugee from the Peoples' State of California.  Pretty cool gal.  Before I knew it, like an hour had gone by and I was running way late.  I called Hubs to let him know I wasn't even in the store yet, so he wouldn't worry that I was laying in a ditch somewhere.  

My Amazon order arrived.  Who knew I could be that excited about getting a book I'd already read, a CD I'd already listened to, and a pack of nitrile gardening gloves?  :shrug:  For the record, I'd only listened to the CD (Good Parts by Andy Grammer.) already because Amazon gave it to me in digital form after I bought the CD.  It's on my computer now, so I can breeze through the tunes.  I do love me some Andy Grammer.  There's only one song I don't like and two I can live without.  The rest are 5-star worthy.  Yay.  (If Andy's not ringing a bell, perhaps you'll recognize this song.)

I'm still seeing eagles.  One flew right over the house on Friday.  I expect it won't be too much longer before the start their migration north, but for now, I'm enjoying them.  The deer are still eating us out of house and home.  I expect that to slack off again eventually.  And I'm enjoying them, too, even if I wished I could claim them as dependents on our taxes.  

Other than that, not much going on over here.  How are things with you?

1 comment:

  1. There was a week. Stuff happened. Nothing good. Nothing bad. I ordered a new keyboard because one wasn't available locally. I still need to get off my arse and go into a Best Buy to look at mice. I need a new one but I'm thinking ergonomic like my keyboard but want to see how they fit so I don't have to go to all the trouble of returning them.

    Got words written. Dealt with minor insomnia. Dealt with stupid people and the stupid people who got LG PO'd. Yippee.

    Late birthday lunch with the fam yesterday. That was a big win. Good to see the BiL and SiL and the Kids, plus our fave Mexican foods.

    Have a new fave TV/cable show to watch: Men in Kilts, a Road Trip with Sam and Graham. The two male leads from Outlander took off in a camper van for a road trip of Scotland. So far there's been "Food and Drink," "Sports" (the hunting haggis routine almost made me pee my pants), "Song and Dance." Up next is "Witchcraft." It's on Starz and On Demand if your satillite gets it. You don't have to be a fan of Outlander to enjoy the two of them kicking up their kilts.

    There was baseball and softball--MLB and college. There's baseball today. I 💕 FSMW.

    That's pretty much it for my world. Here's to a better week and more sleep!

    ReplyDelete