Saturday, March 27, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/27/21

Well, here we are again at another Saturday morning where I didn't schedule this ahead of time.  And it was even a good reading week.  Drat.  Luckily, I'd already done the Books Read part and the other parts are easy.  I need more coffee.

The only new book I picked up this week was my own.  I bought an ecopy and I have a paperback proof on its way here.  Should have that in my hot little hands Monday.  Those are for not actual reading reading, but more for scanning through to make sure nothing got messed up in the process. The ebook looks fine to me.  

Books Read:

18) Defending Free Speech By Simpson, et al (3/25/21) - NF Essays - 4 stars.  Not new to me but underappreciated as far as reviews go.  Paid full paperback price - $6.95. This will go on our philosophy shelf for later reference
No review.  

17) Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder (3/22/21) - MG Literature - 5 stars.  Surprising enough, I've never read these books before.  Bought a new paperback copy - $4.99
Review: "
Hard to believe I'd never read this one. It's a nice little book and i'm glad I finally took the time to read it."

16) Salt in the Wounds by Mark Richards (3/22/21) - Suspense*# - 5 stars. New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the Robin Reads newsletter.  
Review: "
Interesting story with relatable characters, although I did have a problem with the daughter here and there getting away with things I wouldn't allow a 13-yr-old to do. But hey, maybe that's normal in the UK. It was still an awesome suspense and I thoroughly enjoyed it."

No DNFs.

Currently reading...  I'm in the middle of a romance by an author I'd read loads of before.  So far so good.

What did you read last week?

1 comment:

  1. I had an excellent reading/listening week. I added 6 books to my GR challenge. I've finished 48 books of my 200 book goal, 2 ahead of schedule. All but 1 are rereads. All but one are by Jayne Castle/Jayne Ann Krentz.

    48 - Midnight Crystal (Dreamlight Trilogy #3, Arcane Society #9, Harmony #7 Paranormal SciFi - 5 stars

    47 - Obsidian Prey (Harmony #6) Paranormal SciFi - 4 stars

    46 - Rumor Has it (Duke Noble PI #1), B.E. Sanderson, Mystery/Detective Noir - 5 stars. Not unknown but totally under-appreciated! I loved this "small-town noir" detective story and can't wait for the next. People need to read this book! Like, right now!!!

    45 - Dark Light (Ghost Hunters/Harmony #5) Paranormal SciFi - 6 stars

    44 - Silver Master (Ghost Hunters/Harmony #4) Paranormal SciFi - 5 stars

    43 - Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters/Harmony #3) Paranormal SciFi - 5 stars

    Currently listening to CANYONS OF NIGHT, the next book in the Harmony series.

    Happy reading, all!

    ReplyDelete