Saturday, March 6, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 3/6/21

Back around to the Reading Wrap-up and not a whole lot to show for it.  But hey, some weeks are like that.  Especially when I'm editing.

I did pick up three new ebooks this week - a well-known name I've never read before, an unknown suggested by a friend, and the next book in a series I get totally fangirly over. Paranormal mystery, mystery, and suspense, in that order.

Books read:

12) The Bullet Catch by John Gaspard (2/28/21) - Mystery*2 - 5 stars - Since I read the first book last week, it's not new to me, but it could use more reviews.  Paid full price after inhaling the first book - $3.99.
Review: "
A most excellent sequel - as good, if not better, than the first. So, if you liked that, you'll love this. If you haven't read that one yet, you'll probably be okay reading this alone, but reading that one first will give you a richer experience. Awesome books."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... Unfortunately, I've been hip-deep in edits for my own work, so I haven't had time to start a new book.  As soon as this pass is done, I'm jumping right into the suspense I've been waiting for.

What was your reading week like?

1 comment:

  1. Mine was a slow week too--only 2 books. I'm at 36 books on the year, 1 ahead of schedule. Both books were relistens of a favorite series by a favorite author.

    36 - Free (Chaos #6) - Kristen Ashley, romantic suspense 5 stars. This is the "last" book in the series. The 2 new releases are "Next Gen" books in the series. It nicely tied up everything.

    35 - Wild Like the Wind - Kristen Ashley, romantic suspense 5 stars. This book has all the feels. I reread it because the two new entries are about the heroine's two sons.

    Currently reading THE KINSMEN UNIVERSE by Ilona Andrews. SciFi romance that has nothing to do with any of their other series. It's two short novels and a novella. I messed up my timing on the Chaos books. The 2nd in the Next Gen doesn't release until Tuesday. Oops. So, went through my library to find something different that I could piddle with for a few days. I'll start WILD FIRE next, which is listed at Chaos #6.5) probably tomorrow and stall finishing it until WILD WIND hits my Audible app.

    Cheers to a good reading week for us all! Now...off for pancakes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete